Friday, April 17, 2009

Microwave Protein Mug Cake Recipes: Black Forest and More

This is one forest I don't mind getting lost in. In college I used to hang out errr study at a coffee shop near my campus where they served the most unbelievable Black Forest Cake I indulged in much too much. Waxing nostalgic for the cherry chocolate yumminess I created this much healthier version...

Weight Loss RNY Gastric Bypass Vertical Sleeve VSG WLS Cooking Shelly's Black Forest Protein Ice Cream

1 cup Vanilla Soy Milk (or Regular Milk)
2 scoops of Chocolate Protein Powder
1 Tablespoon Sugar Free Black Cherry Torani Syrup
1/4 cup Cherries (fresh or frozen), chopped
1/2 a slice of Shelly's 5 Minute Sugar Free Black Forest Cake, chopped (recipe below)

Mix together milk, protein, and syrup. I used this gadget to mix it up. It makes it airy and lump free. If you don't have one just toss it in a blender on super high. You want it fluffy almost double in size. Pour into ice cream maker. Follow your machine's instructions for freezing. 5 minutes before done add cherries and cake chunks.

Bariatric Surgery Weight Loss Fitness Food Menus Sugar Free DessertsYou can eat it right away it is soft serve-ish but I like to put it in the freezer to set for an hour.


Shelly's 5 Minute Sugar Free Black Forest Cake

1 Egg, beaten
3 Tablespoons Milk
2 Tablespoons Sugar Free Black Cherry Torani Syrup
2 Tablespoons Canola Oil
3 Tablespoons Multigrain Pancake Mix
2 Tablespoons Cocoa
1 scoop Chocolate Protein Powder
Pinch salt
1 - 2 cup Measuring Cup or Microwave Safe Mug

In a measuring cup or microwave safe mug, Mix egg, milk, syrup and oil and combine thoroughly. In a separate bowl, mix pancake mix, cocoa, protein powder and salt. Tip dry into wet and stir till combined. Nuke in microwave for 2 minutes (my microwave is getting old and needs 20 seconds added now.)

Let it sit for three or so minutes (it pulls away from the sides) before tipping the cake onto a plate. Yields 4-5 slices.


More Eggface 5 Minute Cakes:

Shelly's 5 Minute Sugar Free Carrot Cake
Shelly's 5 Minute Sugar Free Chocolate Peppermint Cake
Shelly's 5 Minute Sugar Free Chocolate Raspberry Cake
Shelly's 5 Minute Sugar Free Lemon Cake
Shelly's 5 Minute Lemon Poppy Seed 5 Minute Protein Cake
Shelly's 5 Minute Sugar Free Apple Cinnamon Cake (Nathan's Cake)
Shelly's 5 Minute Sugar Free Almond Joy Cake
Shelly's 5 Minute Sugar Free Coconut Cake
Shelly's 5 Minute Sugar Free Espresso Protein Cake
Shelly's 5 Minute Sugar Free Banana Caramel Nut Cake (My Favorite)
Shelly's Pretty in Pink Strawberry 5 Minute Cake
Shelly's Orange Creamsicle 5 Minute Cake
Shelly's Lime Green Margarita 5 Minute Cake
Shelly's Pistachio 5 Minute Protein Cake
Shelly's Almond 5 Minute Protein Cake
Shelly's 5 Minute Pumpkin Spice Protein Cake
Shelly's 5 Minute Peanut Butter & Jelly Cake
Shelly's 5 Minute Banana Protein Cake
Shelly's 5 Minute Cookies & Cream Coffee Protein Cake
Shelly's 5 Minute Cranberry Protein Cake

More Eggface Protein Ice Cream flavors


I know. 2 Ice Cream post in a row. I'm on an Ice Cream kick. I'm sitting here eating it for breakfast. OMG! soooo good. It's supposed to be 90 degrees this weekend so my machine will be in overdrive. For those of you not on the Protein Ice Cream bandwagon yet (or still digging out from the deep freeze) I promise I'll post a non ice cream post manana.

18 comments:

Lisa said...

you never cease to amaze me..Bravo

Lisa

Jennifer K. said...

Can you tell me how many servings this makes or how much total? It is hard to tell from the picture but it looks like it fills the entire ice cream maker, so about a quart and a half? Thanks!!

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Hope you enjoy it Lisa

***

Hey Jennifer,

That's a tupperware container pictured not the ice cream maker. It makes about 4 servings for me. It depends how much you fluff it... if you use that gadget I use you will get more it adds air. So your mileage may vary based on the type of milk, tools you use.

~M

Connie said...

Shelly,
You go ahead and post whatever you want. I love to read your wonderful ideas. I haven't yet jumped on the protein ice cream bandwagon, but I am considering it. You make it look scrumptious!

BTW - I have applied for a transfer to a kindergarten position in my district. I don't know if it will come through, but I'm hopeful. But I'm hopeful.

Connie

Erin said...

Shelly,

I was wondering if you have ever experimented with making a lot of the cakes at once? Or in a bigger container? I am really sick of drinking protein and these little cakes are the greatest! It is just tiresome to make one everyday and was wanting to make a larger quantity at once, any suggestions?

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Hey Erin,

Glad you are enjoying them. I love these little suckers. Pistachio is my new fav. I made 19 cakes once for a sample taste at a conference but LOL not for home use. The most I have made at home is 3 at a time. The Jello Rainbow Cake Day I got carried away. They all were eaten within a day or 2 and stayed quite nice.

They are great toasted too... especially the Banana Nut one.

~Michelle

Lori said...

Today is my birthday and my daughter got the recipe for cake and ice cream off of your site. WOW!! What an AWESOME surprize! It was delish. Just wanted to say "thanks" for making my first post-rearrangement birthday feel semi-normal with my own cake and all the fixings (candle and all).

Lori from Texas
ldbw831@gmail.com

Paula K said...

Yeah. I've been cooking your recipes for quite a few months now, and I just NOW tried the cake. Yummy! I've been missing out! :)

Lorrie said...

I am 40 days post-op. i just made your banana cake..MMMMM. Is there a reason why you use multigrain pancake mix? Can we use heartwise bisquik. I just seen it tonight in the store. Why cant we have regular pancake mix. I am new to this as you can tell.A friend told me about your web sight. I LOVE IT !

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Hey Lorrie,

Congrats on your recent surgery!! I'm so glad you enjoyed the banana cake. It is one of my favorites.

No reason other than I like the flavor and the nutritional stats on it. If you found something that works in your plan (low carb is usually what I look for) just be sure it has a leavening agent in it.

~Michelle "Shelly"

Kathy said...

Thanks so much for the suggestion of the ice cream maker. I ordered one of the internet when I saw your comments. I can't wait to get it. I'm still on soft foods and not to have other things for another week (I'm 4weeks post surgery). I'm so glad I had this procedure done. I love your site and appreciate so much what you're doing. You're a GEM!!!

Dixie said...

I am going to have to try this recipe also! OMG...I have learned so much from your website and have tried a couple of your recipes just this weekend. The Cheesy Onion Bites (which I think I overcooked) are going to have a second try. The Pancake/Sausage Muffin bites....OMG....we LOVE them! I have to hide them to keep my husband out of them! LOL.... Thank you again, and trust me, I am checking back often!

missdeb said...

O-M-G....I have been reading your recipes and site and so appreciate all your wisdom. I am 4 months out. Decided to try blk forest because I had similar ingredients. I didn't have cocoa but used 2T Swiss miss sf cocoa. What a great recipe. I think I'm going to serve for a dessert and not say anything!! Can't wait to try others and the ice cream. Thanks again. Miss Deb

patricia burroughs said...

Do you have any substitute for instant pudding mix? I'm iced in and craving something sweet, and have everything else!

Michelle "Shelly" said...

I'm not seeing pudding mix in this one Patricia? Different recipe/blog entry perhaps?

Michelle "Shelly" said...

I'm not seeing pudding mix in this one Patricia? Different recipe/blog entry perhaps?

patricia burroughs said...

Sorry, it was the Shelly's 5 Minute Sugar Free Coconut Cake. I guess I assumed that all the cake recipes were similar enough to need it. But it's the coconut cake that I have the ingredients for.

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Oh good I thought I was losing it ;) well more than normal... you can leave it out... it made it more flavorful vanilla pound cake like to me with it but it will turn out :)