Friday, November 27, 2009

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Desserts - 5 Minute Cranberry Protein Cake

This was my Thanksgiving dessert. It was soooo good I had it for breakfast this morning too...

Bariatric Surgery Gastric Bypass Vertical Sleeve Recipes RNY VSG WLS Low Carb Fitness Healthy Desserts
Shelly's 5 Minute Cranberry Protein Microwave Cake

1 Egg, beaten
3 Tablespoons Milk (any)
2 Tablespoons Sugar Free Vanilla Torani Syrup
2 Tablespoons Cranberry Sauce
2 Tablespoons Canola Oil
3 Tablespoons Multigrain Pancake Mix
1 scoop Vanilla Protein Powder
2 Tablespoon Unsweetened Coconut (Almond Meal/Flour can be subbed)
1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
Pinch salt
1 Measuring Cup or Microwave Safe Mug (I use a 2 cup measuring cup)

In a measuring cup or microwave safe mug, Mix egg, milk, syrup, cranberry and oil and combine thoroughly. In a separate bowl, mix pancake mix, coconut, protein powder, cinnamon and salt. Tip dry into wet and stir till combined. Nuke in microwave for 2 minutes*. Let it sit for 3 or so minutes (it pulls away from the sides) before tipping the cake onto a plate. Yields 4-5 slices.

*Microwave wattage varies. Start with 2 minutes and add 20 second increments if needed till no liquid is seen, no moisture on top. My microwave is getting old and cakes now take 2 minute, 20 seconds in it.

I topped my slice with No Sugar Added Homemade Whipped Cream and a drizzle of more Cranberry Sauce thinned with a little SF Torani Vanilla Syrup. Cranberry not your thing...

Try the 30 (well not quite 30 but pretty darn close) other flavors of Eggface Protein Cakes.

More Eggface Fall & Thanksgiving Recipes and Ideas

9 comments:

Beverly said...

That looks so good! I am counting the days until the doc says I can try some of your recipes.

distractedbydiets said...

This looks absolutely delish! I'll be making it as soon as I can obtain all the ingredients! Thanks for sharing!

Shelley said...

Hi, I just wanted you to know that I love your site! All of your recipes look fabulous and I am so impressed with your weight loss. I am not a surgery candidate, but a personal trainer and a person that likes to be healthy and fit. Thank you for sharing your recipes!

d said...

....and pretty too! I love when good things LOOK as good as they taste. A feast for the senses!

Jackie said...

Hi Shelly!

I've been following your blog for some time now. I had a lap band three years ago (I live in the UK) and have been trying to live low carb for the last few months.

I'd love to try your cranberry protein pudding but haven't come across the pancake mix that you use over here. Is it basically a mix of several flours? Could I just replace it with my own mix of flours do you think?

Happy belated Thanksgiving.
Keep writing, you are inspiring!

Jackie

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Hope you guys enjoy it :) It's my current fav.

The multigrain pancake mix is a blend but any pancake mix will do... I love this one because it's the lowest in carbs (but still yummy) I have found.

~Shell

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Thank you all for the lovely compliments. Hope your holidays are wonderful!

~Shelly

Anonymous said...

I had leftover cranberry relish, I made this last nite, it was wonderful!!!! The best yet!!!!

Anonymous said...

I made this last nite with leftover Cranberry relish from Thanksgiving, it was wonderful.
I took it to work,they loved it!!!!