Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Peanut Butter & Jelly Protein (Microwave Mug Cake) Recipe

My pal Andrea mentioned Powdered Peanut Butter the other day and it got me thinking I've never tried one of my 5 Minute Cakes with it. So off to the laboratory err I mean kitchen. The result was yummy. Why did it take me so long to try this?!

I topped a cooled slice with with No Sugar Added Homemade Whipped Cream and a drizzle of Sugar Free Smucker's Strawberry Topping. But OMG it would be HEAVEN with a scoop of Peanut Butter & Jelly Protein Ice Cream. A yummy weight loss surgery friendly dessert or heck I may have it for breakfast.

Weight loss surgery Bariatric Surgery Diabetes Low Carb WLS gastric bypass sleeve blog
Shelly's 5 Minute Peanut Butter & Jelly Cake

1 Egg, beaten
3 Tablespoons Milk
2 Tablespoons Sugar Free Vanilla Torani Syrup
1 Tablespoon Canola Oil
3 Tablespoons Multigrain Pancake Mix
3 Tablespoons Powdered Peanut Butter
1 scoop Vanilla Protein Powder
Pinch salt
1 - 2 cup Measuring Cup or Microwave Safe Mug

Topping: Smucker's Sugar Free Strawberry Topping, No Sugar Added Homemade Whipped Cream

In a measuring cup or microwave safe mug, Mix egg, milk, syrup and oil and combine thoroughly. In a separate bowl, mix pancake mix, powdered peanut butter, protein powder and salt. Tip dry into wet and stir till combined. Nuke in microwave for 2 minutes on full power (start with 2 minutes & add 20 second increments as microwave wattages vary, top should be dry like picture below.)

Sugarfree Sugar Free Weight Loss WLS Food Let it sit for three or so minutes (it pulls away from the sides) before tipping the cake onto a plate. Yields 4-5 slices.

Get your fix. More Eggface Peanut Butter recipes:

Shelly's Peanut Butter Butterscotch Protein Shake
Shelly's Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich Protein Shake
Shelly's Peanut Butter and Jelly Ricotta Pancakes
Shelly's Peanut Butter & Jelly Protein Ice Cream
Shelly's Peanut Butter Swirl Protein Ice Cream
Shelly's Chocolate Peanut Butter Bites (or Pie)
Shelly's Strawberry Peanut Butter Sushi
Shelly's Dessert Pizza
Shelly's PB&J Oatmeal
Shelly's Peanut Butter Yogurt Dip

12 comments:

Chelsea's Mom said...

Oh man do those look good! Now I'm gonna have to try that, too! I haven't cooked/baked so much in years (since I found your site!). I love all things choco/pb. In fact, I made the chocolate/pb protein ice cream and at the last minute decided to add some chopped up banana. OMG..delish!!!

Thanks for all the good recipes! When will you publish a cookbook and get rich?

Kerrah said...

For those of us who don't have PB2 (yet!), what would happen if peanut butter was used instead?

Keep up the great work!!

Michelle "Shelly" said...

TY for the vote of confidence :)

***

Kerrah, Not sure. LOL. I'm thinking it would be too heavy & a lot more cals. I think I'd order the PB2. You'll have fun with it... great in shakes too!

~Michelle

Luz Conner said...

I love me some EGGFACE!! I have had a crazy PMS craving for a peanut butter cookie for the past 3days. Then, I logged on and saw this recipe. It's in the microwave as I write.
Thanks again Shelly!!!
Luz Conner

Erin said...

I've got a dumb question, for the cakes that use pudding mix, what do you do with the remainder? and how long does it keep?

Michelle "Shelly" said...

LOL Luz Hope you enjoy it & it gives you your PB&J fix.

***

Hey Erin, I fold up the envelope & tape the box. I have a tupperware in my pantry I put them in. I use the remainder for protein ice cream recipes, protein shakes, more cakes :)

Never a dumb Q. Ask away!

~Michelle

Terri said...

Have you tried to microwave them in the ramikins. I just bought me 4 of them to make some of your other recipes. I thought of pouring the mix into the 4 of them and microwaving them.

Love your recipes!!!!

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Hi Terri,

The ramekin would be too small for this. I use a regular 2 cup measuring cup (Pyrex, Fire King something like that) it GROWS LOL ;)

~M

shannon said...

Would it be possible to bake these cakes in the oven or a small counter top oven? I do not have a microwave and I am dying to try one of your cakes. I have a bowl of fresh strawberries sliced and ready to go in the fridge.

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Bummer. I'd not want you to waste your stuff. I don't think it would work :(

~M

Kaitlin and Joey's Wedding said...

your pb cake just made me break down at almost 11pm and make it! lol OMG your recipes are so delish! the first time i've tried any of your cake recipe and can't believe how good this is! couple dollops of sf strawberry preserves wow wow wowwww

Anonymous said...

made this tonight and my 7 year old practically swallowed it whole. Very picky DH even liked it. Cannot wait to try some of the other recipes!