Friday, June 26, 2009

Pistachio 5 Minute Cake

My Mum declared this 5 Minute Cake her favorite...


Shelly's Pistachio 5 Minute Cake

1 Egg, beaten
3 Tablespoons Milk
2 Tablespoons Sugar Free Vanilla Torani Syrup
2 Tablespoons Canola Oil
3 Tablespoons Multigrain Pancake Mix
2 Tablespoons Unsweetened Coconut
1 Tablespoon Sugar Free Jello Pistachio Pudding Mix, dry
1 scoop Vanilla Protein Powder
Pinch salt
1 - 2 cup Measuring Cup or Microwave Safe Mug

In a measuring cup or microwave safe mug, Mix egg, milk, syrup and oil and combine thoroughly. In a separate bowl, mix pancake mix, coconut, protein powder, pudding mix and salt. Tip dry into wet and stir till combined. Nuke in microwave for 2 minutes (my microwave is getting old and needs 20 seconds added now.)

Let it sit for three or so minutes (it pulls away from the sides) before tipping the cake onto a plate. Yields 4-5 slices. Top slices with No Sugar Added Whipped Cream and Pistachios. It would be great topped with a scoop of Pistachio Protein Ice Cream too.

More Eggface 5 Minute Cakes

This was a pre-Birthday cake we ate last night. Today I'm making a batch of mini protein donuts and some strawberry cannoli for my B-day manana. I'm going to be 29 in case you are wondering ;) Next year too.

8 comments:

wvsable said...

Happy Birthday!!!! Hope you have a great one.

RP said...

Hi Michelle:

I think I've finally made it through all of your posts. Whew! Took me about a week, and much too much time sitting on my hynie, sigh.

A couple of questions:

Have you tried using spaghetti squash for a pasta replacement, I love it.

And I didn't see any more mention of your cool bike since the day you rode it home. Are you riding it these days?

RPGypsy

Michelle "Shelly" said...

TY wvsable!

***

RP, LOL I feel like I should send you a free bottle of tylenol now ;)

Yes on the spaghetti squash, though its not my favorite.

Yes on the bike... in fact I just bought cool pannier bags for it last month so I can take stuff (my bento box & laptop) with me on my adventures.

~Michelle

Laurie said...

Shelly! So thrilled to have found you. Am a Canadian girl who's surgery was in Jan. Am ordering the bento box for work and have your roasted corn muffins in the oven as I type!
Can I ask a few question though? What is the serving size of your ice cream..and do you keep track of any of the nutritional info of your recipes?
Tomorrow I will be all over that 5 min cake!
Thanks for being a great foodie!
Laurie

RP said...

no, tylenol needed, it was rather enjoyable. you are a compelling writer. fun and interesting too.

i'm this close to investing in the ice cream maker, the sf syrups, the protein powder and the frother/mixer do-dad. I'm an ice cream freak and a vegetarian. I need to find ways to get protein (even though i'm a no-surgery, so many of your recipes are so relevant and helpful for me). You've darn near got me convinced.

rpgypsy

Chelsea's Mom said...

Happy Happy Birthday! And what a coincidence, I'm 29 (again) this year too! :o) Wishing you a wonderful birthday week and a great year ahead!

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Hey Laurie, Glad you are enjoying the blog. I don't post the nutritional info on my recipes... Here's why: On my plan I use full fat stuff, a particular brand of protein, etc. if you change brands or fat content you'll have very different #'s and rather than give you wrong data I let you guys do the number crunching... what I suggest for mine or any recipes is to go to a site like fitday.com (on a new day) add your ingredients, take totals (fats, carbs, protein) and divide by the # of servings... hard to say on some recipes what a serving size is.. what I can eat as a three year post op is definitely different than a 3 month, 1 year, etc.

Hope this helps,
~Michelle

Kisha Gets Skinny said...

OMG! I made this tonight! I am in LOVE! Thank god for blogs like this! Your amazing and an inspiration!