Monday, October 20, 2008

All American Dinner

This is dinner tonight with a scoop of Grilled Corn & Black Bean Salad.


Shelly's Turkey Mushroom Mini Meatloaf

1 Yellow Onion, diced
3 Green Onions, diced
10 Mushrooms, chopped (button, crimini, shiitake or combination)
2 cloves Garlic, diced
3 oz. Baby Carrots, shredded
1 1/4 pounds Ground Turkey, the average weight of 1 package
1/4 cup Italian Style Dry Bread Crumbs
1/4 cup Milk
1 Egg, beaten
1 teaspoon Poultry Seasoning
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
a few twists of Black Pepper
Butter/Oil for sauteing

Saute onions and mushrooms till golden, Add garlic cook 1 minute. Set aside to cool.
Soak breadcrumbs in milk for 1 minute. Beat egg. Add egg and soaked breadcrumbs to ground turkey. Add cooled veggies, carrots, seasonings. Mix till combined.

Divide into 8 equal mounds. Form into mini meatloaves or if you have this super groovy pan like me use it.

Bake for 45 minutes in a 350 oven. These freeze well either cooked or uncooked.

Other Eggface Meatloaf Recipes:

Shelly's Greek Mini Meatloaf
Shelly's Mexican Mini Meatloaf


Highlights of the day:

* I hear there will be fortune tellers at the OH LA Event Halloween Party (Friday night.) You sooooo know I'm going to be asking about my dream man ;)

* So I know this girl who knows this girl who had her bachelorette party at a gun range. I love this. Not only does it sounds fun as hell and different than the typical get drunk and act goofy with male strippers which I hate but it sends a clear message to your future husband... you f*** up, you may die.

* Ooooh I made another SF 5 Minute Chocolate Cake today but instead of chocolate protein powder I used... a scoop of CLICK. You know that espresso protein powder. So it was a Chocolate Espresso Cake.

Unbelievably good.

I topped it with sliced bananas, a squirt of Sugar Free Whipped Cream and a drizzle of Sugar Free Caramel Sauce. To Die For. Wanna see?

This would be an awesome finish to this mini meatloaf dinner... very American.

Listening to: 2Pac "California Love" dedicated to my pals coming to the OH Event from other states... Sarah, Beth, Kathy, Charlie, Gwen, Jeremy, etc. Woot woot the ticker is getting closer...

7 comments:

Rue said...

What a coincidence. I made the same thing last night, except I used the Kahlua Torani syrup too. I loved it!

Geri said...

This looks scrumptious! All of your recipes sound awesome and I can't wait to try some of them. I am still 10 days aways from surgery ... but have saved your site for inspiration and recipes!

Beth said...

I have been reading your blog for about a month now (I am two months out) and I just wanted to tell you how much I have enjoyed your "highlights"! Your joy in everyday things has really inspired me. Thank you for sharing your life with us. When I get courageous I am going to try some of your recipes.They look great!

Debbie Y. said...

Simply Scrumptious!!! My hubby laughs at the lust I have in my heart for your recipes. He thinks its amazing that all I have to do is call up your website and I have my weekly menu planned out in no time at all and I continue to lose weight on some really tasty eats. He loves the good eats too! Thanks.

Watty said...

Gah!! Why did you all say this stuff?? Now I gotta go TRY it! Click and Kahlua Davinci SF syrup. I hope this still works ok with veg oil, I'm out of canola (and there's bugs in the multi grain pancake mix...I gotta use whatever Cam uses....I hope I don't screw this up!)

Watty said...

I FAILED! Omg! I even did a video! LMAO!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvOd8H41-kA

Dawn said...

I just ate a slice of the Click cake. It was out of this world!!

Thank you soooo much for the recipes, I'm 2 1/2 years out from gastric bypass, lost 100 lbs and am struggling with maintaining my loss. Treats like this will definitely help!

Thank you Shelly!!