Denver Bites

No offense to my Colorado readers. I've actually never stayed in Denver only flown through. I hear it's a lovely city with lots of yummy beer. I am, of course, referring to a Denver omelette, the classic breakfast menu item. The Denver omelette is filled with diced ham, onions, and green bell peppers and it's one of my favorites so it was only a matter of time till I turned it into a bite.

If you haven't made my bites yet ummm what are you waiting for?!

There are at least 47 (well not quite that many but pretty darn close) and surely there's a combo that you will love.

Think crustless quiches.

They are perfect for breakfast on there own or with fruit salad, lunch or dinner with a salad or soup, or party appetizers. Great for Easter brunch. They freeze well if you keep them from being eaten long enough to freeze them 'cause non-ops and kids love 'em. I heart the little suckers. They are one of my favorite post weight loss surgery friendly meals.


Shelly's Denver Bites

1 Yellow Onion, diced
2 Green Onions, diced
1/2 Green Bell Pepper, diced
2 slices of Ham, diced
1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
1/4 cup Picante Sauce (or Salsa)
5 eggs
1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
a few twists of Black Pepper

Preheat oven to 350. Saute onions and peppers till golden. Add ham and saute 1 minute more. Set aside to cool. When cool mix all ingredients together.

Spoon into lightly greased (Pam works great) mini muffin tins. Bake for 30 minutes at 350. Makes 24.


I served them for dinner last night with a mixed green salad with pecans, dried cranberries and a sweet onion vinaigrette. Then it was outside to sit on the patio swing and gaze at that beautiful moon. Did you see it? It's full tonight. Check it out.