Friday, November 21, 2008

Banana Cake and more good stuff

Shelly's 5 Minute Sugar Free Banana Caramel Nut Cake

1 Egg, beaten
3 Tablespoons Milk (I used Vanilla Soy)
2 Tablespoons Sugar Free Torani Syrup (I used SF Caramel)
2 Tablespoons Banana, mashed
2 Tablespoons Canola Oil
3 Tablespoons Multigrain Pancake Mix (I use this)
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
1 Tablespoon Pecans, chopped
1 scoop Vanilla Protein Powder
Pinch salt
1 Measuring Cup or Microwave Safe Mug

In a measuring cup or microwave safe mug, Mix egg, milk, syrup, banana and oil and combine thoroughly. In a separate bowl, mix pancake mix, cinnamon, nutmeg, nuts, protein powder and salt. Tip dry into wet and stir till combined.

Nuke in microwave for 2 minutes*.

Let it sit for three or so minutes (it pulls away from the sides) before tipping the cake onto a plate. Yields 4-5 slices.

*Microwave wattage varies. Mine takes 2 minutes but start with 2 minutes and add 20 second increments if needed till no liquid is seen.

For a dessert I topped the cake with Land o Lakes Sugar Free Whipped Cream, Smucker's Sugar Free Caramel Sauce, sliced Banana and a sprinkle of chopped Pecans. Slices of this are great toasted for breakfast too. It's a total banana nut muffin fix.

Highlights of the day:

* WOW moment: So I went for a pedicure (yay for sexy toes) and the girl I always go to said, "I saw you in our parking lot the other day with some guy" and then she said... "you look so tiny next to him."

TINY. Me?!
Love it.

* Went to visit my neighbor today. She just was released from the hospital. Her kidney transplant of 7 years failed and she's back on dialysis. I thought she'd be devastated and was prepared to give the optimistic pep talk but she had such an amazing roll with the punches attitude. A good lesson. Actually I had a few life lessons today from friends. I always say people come into your life for a reason.

* Making a big pot of lentil soup today. Yes. Fall. Soup weather.

Listening to: "Westside" TQ


Debbie Y. said...

I have never had lentil soup. I need to try it. The banana cake looks devine. I love banana nut bread so will have to try this with the bananas and pecans.

Vikki said...

Hey Shelly,
I made banana nut flax bread that was simply to die for. Not as quick as your cake, but delish!
Have a happy Thanksgiving,

Tanya said...

Ok I made this today and it was DELISH! :) Thanks for the recipe!

luvey said...

I LOVE this banana cake!! Thank you so much for all of your wonderful recipes! (Luvey on OH)

grltraveler said...

I made this tonight....wanted something sweet....yummy...and allowed in my eating plan.....Thank you so much...this was totally filling...and more then that....sooo good. It hit the spot...let me know I can have good things...and still be on track. Thank you so much

Vmac1972 said...

Just made the cake...AWESOME!! Kids have grubbed it gone!!! (And I was gonna make me some banana nut toast in the morning. (sad face!) But it was so quick and easy that I may just throw another one in the micro! :o) Thanks for sharing!!

Lisa said... This banana cake is SO good. I had some BSN Protein in Cinnamon Roll flavor that I never cared for on its perfectly with all of your "spice" type cakes. THANK YOU! Now it won't go to waste. You rock!

The Vanishing Mom said...

I just made this and OH MY GOSH!!! Except forget a slice, what I didnt eat my family did! I can't wait to try your other cakes!

Niki Hatz said...

My husband and I just made this for our date night and we la la LOVED it. God bless you for making such yumminess!!!! =)

SqueezyMama said...

I just made this banana bread cake......omg! Delicious! Thank you, thank you!!

Anonymous said...

I'm almost 2 weeks in with gastric bypass when can I start making these desserts?????

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Print out the recipe and bring it to your nutritionist for their thumbs up... I was cleared for all things tolerated at 8 weeks but plans are different so when in doubt, print it out ;)

Tammie said...

Ok, I tried the Banana cinnamon cake and I have come to the conclusion that it's not enough that I buy your inevitable cookbook. You HAVE to take over the Hostess enterprise and crank these things out by the millions. :-) Thank you for what you do!