Monday, November 10, 2008

More 5 minute cake

Made several cakes since I got back from LA. Thought I'd share a couple of them...

OK so if you are HUGE carrot cake fan this will not completely satisfy you but it was seriously yummy and shoot 5 minutes from mixing to eating you just can't beat. Carrot Cake was always one of those cakes I felt better about eating pre-op I mean it's carrots, a vegetable, it couldn't be that bad right?! Check out the stats on one of my favorite pre-op carrot cakes. Scary!?

Anyway here's my effort. A slice of this made a yummy breakfast this morning.

Shelly's 5 Minute Sugar Free Carrot Cake w/ Cream Cheese Frosting

1 Egg, beaten
3 Tablespoons Milk (I used Vanilla Soy)
2 Tablespoons Sugar Free Torani Syrup (I used SF Vanilla)
2 Tablespoons No Sugar Added Strained Carrots Baby Food
2 Tablespoons Canola Oil
3 Tablespoons Multigrain Pancake Mix (I use this)
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
1 Tablespoon Pecans, chopped
1 Tablespoon Raisins
1 scoop Vanilla Protein Powder
Pinch salt
1 Measuring Cup or Microwave Safe Mug

In a measuring cup or microwave safe mug, Mix egg, milk, syrup, carrot and oil and combine thoroughly. In a separate bowl, mix pancake mix, cinnamon, nuts, raisins, protein powder and salt. Tip dry into wet and stir till combined. Nuke in microwave for 2 minutes. Let it sit for three or so minutes (it pulls away from the sides) before tipping the cake onto a plate. Yields 4-5 slices. Top with Cream Cheese Frosting or Carrot Cake Protein Ice Cream.

Shelly's Cream Cheese Frosting

Equal parts Cream Cheese, softened and Ricotta Cheese sweetened with Sugar Free Torani Syrup or Sugar Free Maple Syrup to taste. Mix in a few chopped pecans.


I also made a yummy Chocolate Raspberry Cake. Topped with Farmer's Market fresh raspberries and a dusting of Sugar Free White Chocolate.

Shelly's 5 Minute Sugar Free Chocolate Raspberry Cake

1 Egg, beaten
3 Tablespoons Milk (I used Vanilla Soy)
2 Tablespoons Sugar Free Torani Syrup (I used SF Raspberry)
2 Tablespoons Cocoa
2 Tablespoons Canola Oil
3 Tablespoons Multigrain Pancake Mix (I use this)
1 scoop Chocolate Protein Powder
Pinch salt
1 Measuring Cup or Microwave Safe Mug

Topping: Fresh Raspberries, Sugar Free Whipped Cream, Sugar Free White Chocolate, grated

In a measuring cup or microwave safe mug, Mix egg, milk, syrup, and oil and combine thoroughly. In a separate bowl, mix pancake mix, cocoa, protein powder and salt. Tip dry into wet and stir till combined. Nuke in microwave for 2 minutes. Let it sit for three or so minutes (it pulls away from the sides) before tipping the cake onto a plate. Yields 4-5 slices.

Highlights of the day:

* Got the most beautiful email from a blog reader this morning. It made my day. I am so grateful that you all stick around to listen my ramblings and keep me on track. My journey would not be the same without you guys. Thank you!

* Speaking of email... if you have any pictures of the LA OH Event. I'd love to get a copy socalshell@aol.com

* Went out for a walk a little bit ago and met the new people that moved into the house next door. They seem nice. Of course that is what neighbors always say on the News when they discover dead bodies in a freezer in their garage.

"They seemed sooooo nice." LOL.

Listening to: Madonna w/ Justin Timberlake "Four Minutes"

14 comments:

MizFit said...

YUM and where hath I been?? :)
Id never seen any of these recipes so THANK YOU for posting/sharing.

the carrot cake is a BREAKFAST CAKE, right?

RIGHT?

Miz.

Anonymous said...

The carrot cake is to die for!!!!!!!
I'm in WLS heaven. I LOVE carrot cake,my wedding cake was even carrot cake. I think this is the best one yet. Thank you ONCE AGAIN!
Luz

Anonymous said...

Love all your recipes. Thank you, Thank you for sharing. I took your basic cake recipe and made it into a blueberry muffin for breakfast. You can get unsweetened dried blueberries at Trader Joes. I put in a few shredded macadamia nuts and coconut too. It was so good. Even my husband liked it.
Thank you again.

HKD1970 said...

Just a FYI...

I have made this twice and tried it with no-sugar added applesauce in lieu of the canola oil - it works just great and saves a ton of calories!

Thank you so much for your creativity in the kitchen! I really appreciate it. :)

Linda Luna said...

I'm going to try the carrot cake and some of your ice creams OMG they sound awesome. Which Ice cream maker do you recommend??

Linda Luna
luna-linda@sbcglobal.net

Michelle "Shelly" said...

I hope you enjoy it Linda. Here's info on the machines I own:

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2009/03/behemoth.html

~Michelle

Kaitlin and Joey's Wedding said...

I think I need to be banned from your website! I can't stop, your recipes are amazing! today I made the carrot cake minus the cream cheese frosting.. sooo good! Have you tried your recipes with no sugar added applesauce in place of oil? I did today and calculated on daily plate, it shaves 6 grams of fat off the recipe and stays just as moist.. YUM!

luv_dogZ said...

I don't have access here in Puerto Rico to torani syrups. I see you put them in many of your recipes. Could I use the same quantity of splenda?

Michelle "Shelly" said...

While SF Torani is a flavored Splenda suspension (flavor + liquid = sweetener) so powdered Splenda alone will not replace. Have you tried online?

luv_dogZ said...

Yeah. Most places say they don't ship during winter months because the syrups come in glass bottles. I've tried to look here in Puerto Rico but haven't found a place that sells them. The shipping is also high because they are in glass bottles. So I'm thinking I could just make a simple syrup with splenda and add the flavoring.Gonna try at least.

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Email me and let me know how it goes. Does Amazon ship to Puerto Rico? They ship plastic SF Torani bottles (three packs are all plastic)

StampinCatMom said...

I made the Chocolate Raspberry cake last night...well, kinda. I didn't have SF Raspberry syrup, but I DID have fresh red raspberries in the fridge, so I made the chocolate cake and added SF Cool Whip and the raspberries. Super yumm-o!! I think I might have overcooked the cake just a tad, though, but I'll know better next time. How awesome for a treat just for ME!!! I did give hubby a taste, though, and even he liked it! But it's MINE, MINE, MINE!!

Anonymous said...

I made a QUADRUPLE chocolate cake with SF choc. syrup, SF choc. pudding, cocoa, and choc. protein powder. It was soft in the middle like molten cake. DELICIOUS!!!Thanks so much for the ideas!

Daphne

Lisa Lee said...

I made the lemon cake. I have been struggling with my post surgery protein foods. This tasted great and I didn't have any trouble with it. Amazing!