National Bean Day and Cosmic Reminders

You know those nights when you get home late and you really don't want to cook but you still want something warm and satisfying. This is the go-to weight loss surgery friendly dinner I make. It is a sort of a quickie cassoulet.

Shelly's Quickie Cannelini Cassoulet

1 Yellow Onion, chopped
1 (15 oz) can Cannelini Beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup Cooked Sausage Crumbles (I use those Jimmy Dean crumbles)
dash of Greek or Italian Seasonings
a few twists of Black Pepper
Crumbled Feta Cheese

Saute the onion till golden. Add drained beans and seasonings. While the drained beans are heating through. Nuke the sausage crumbles for a minute. Leftover Turkey or Beef works great too. Even a chopped up mini meatloaf in a real pinch. Toss sausage (or whatever) together with beans. Stir to combine. Serve warm with crumbled feta on top.

I get this great goat's milk feta from the farmer's market but really any cheese will do (feta, ricotta, ricotta salada, goat cheese, queso fresco, cotija, even Parmesan in a pinch)

I've had a ton of these nights lately. One of the causes is a huge cleaning and organization project in the garage. It's resulted in 5 thrift store donations (by car, darn 2-seater only holds so much) and 1 truck pick-up. I was going to have a yard sale. I kept shoving stuff off to the side to have one. I could have really used the $$ but I finally just thought, "That's it, it's going. I'll hope for some good karma for putting it all back out into the universe for free." I gathered it all up and donated it. Then as I was moving boxes I found this...

There you go. The sign I already was rewarded and anything I can do to pay that blessing forward I will gladly do. I have been rewarded. Thank you universe for the cosmic reminder.

Back to the Bean Day celebrating. Here's some other favorite Eggface bean dishes...

Shelly's BBQ Baked Bean Casserole
Shelly's "Award Winning" Jazzy New Orleans Muffaletta Salad :)
Shelly's Savory Garbanzo Bean Crepes
Shelly's Chick Pea Fritters
Shelly's Mexican Beef & Bean Bake
Shelly's Cannellini Bean Mash
Shelly's Italian Beef & Bean Soup
Shelly's Cannelini Bean Soup
Shelly's Black Bean Soup
Shelly's Chickpea Deviled Eggs
Shelly's Chicken & Chickpea Salad
Shelly's Greek Three Bean Salad
Shelly's Italian Bean Salad
Shelly's Kidney Bean Soup
Shelly's Greek Bean Salad
Shelly's Chicken Cacciatore with Beans
Shelly's Roasted Chickpeas
Shelly's Beef & Bean Bites
Shelly's Greek Hummus Rounds
Shelly's Burrito Peppers