Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Mangiafagiole

I am on a bean kick. I made a really yummy Cannellini Bean Soup tonight. It was rich and creamy although there is no cream added. I topped it with a dollop of pesto sauce and grated parmesan. Mmmmm. It was total Northern Italy. I could picture eating this in Tuscany staring at the sunflower covered hills with Andrea Bocelli singing in the distance. Yeah I think I've seen "Under the Tuscan Sun" one to many times. At any rate Buon Appetito! I hope you enjoy this as much as I am...


Shelly's Cannelini Bean Soup

1 Leek (Light Green and White Parts), chopped
1 large Yellow Onion
2 cloves Garlic, minced
1 teaspoon dried Basil
1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground Pepper
2 15 oz cans of Cannellini Beans, drained
3 cups Chicken Broth
1 teaspoon Tomato Paste

Grated Parmesan Cheese
Pesto Sauce

Saute leeks and onions till golden about 10 minutes. Add garlic, basil, salt & pepper and cook 1 minute. Add beans, broth and tomato paste. Whiz with an immersion blender or in batches in a regular blender. Simmer on low with a lid on for 15 minutes. Serve with a dollop of pesto and shavings of parmesan cheese.

5 comments:

Melting Mama said...

*steals this and runs, fast*

Michelle said...

I hope you enjoy it :)

MAR81828 said...

MICHELLE - THIS LOOKS GREAT! IM GOING TO MAKE IT THIS WEEKEND
THANKS
MARLENA

Susan said...

Does this count as a liquid when on the full liquids phase after WLS? Having sleeve not bypass, looking for things to keep it not so boring for those 15 days.
Thanks

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Hey Susan, I doubt it... more like pureed but when in doubt print it out and ask your medical posse for the thumbs up or down.