Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Italian Bean Salad ~ revisited

What's your favorite post op meal?

Someone asked me that the other day and wow it's hard to say. I have a ton. Here's one of them...

Shelly's Italian Bean Salad

I make this salad at least once a week. It is a great side dish to any of my savory "bites" (aka crustless quiches) or yummy with a BBQ'd Shrimp Scampi Skewer or Shrimp & Scallop Skewer. It's a great dish to take to the beach because it only gets better and better with time. It's versatile. If I run out of tomatoes I've added olives or if I have extra grilled veggies those get thrown in.

You can make it even more protein packed by adding:

Crab (canned or fresh)
Cold Salmon (great use for a leftover piece)
Grilled Chicken or Rotisserie Chicken leftovers
Leftover Sliced Steak
Smoked Salmon or Albacore

It's one of my favorite post-op meals.


JAn said...

OMG, I love this salad, I make it once a week, and sometimes eat it for lunch everyday until it's gone.

I think it's my favorite of all your recipes, well, that or the chicken cacciatore, or the bites, or , well, you get it I just love all your recipes, but this one rocks!

DCY said...

My Gawd, my mouth is salivating to no end and I am drooling all over the keyboard. I am definitely making this one. I am going to have to peruse every one of your old posts now for additional recipes. This sounds the best with the BBQ shrimp skewers. Yum, yum.

Madam Elvis said...

This is so cool! EXCELLENT for summer! I'm gonna try this for Saturday. I'll make plenty for Sunday leftovers!


Anonymous said...

Unbelievable! I am pre-op with a date of July 8th and instead of having that overwhelming feeling of I'll never be able to eat anything good again, I am feeling excited and can't wait to get to stage III foods. You are so generous to share your creations.

:-) Debbie

Anonymous said...

I made this salad and it was great! I did not have surgery but I am on a gluten free diet. My friend mentioned some of your stuff and sent me over here.
Its great! Its hard to come up with ideas for a gluten free family! Thanks Eggface!


Debra C. said...

Sampled this salad at the OH event in Los Angeles yesterday. First thing I did when I got home was look up the recipe. It was awesome!