Beans and snowballs

Last night I made a yummy alteration on my Chicken Cacciatore dish. In an effort to boost up my protein intake a bit in preparation for getting carved up like a Thanksgiving turkey I added cannelini beans. OMG!? I think I will make it this way from now on. The cannelini beans soak up all the yummy flavors of the sauce and roasted vegetables. Sooooo good!

Here's the recipe and FP:


Shelly's Chicken Cacciatore with Beans

1 Red Onion, chopped
1 Yellow Onion, chopped
2 Red Peppers, chopped
Olive Oil
Kosher Salt
Black Pepper
7-8 Chicken breast tenders cut into 1" piece, marinated in a T or so of Italian Dressing for 4 hours (at least)
1 tsp. Italian Seasoning
2 cloves Garlic, chopped
1 can Diced Tomatoes (14.5 oz S&W brand is my fav)
1 can Cannelini Beans (14.5 oz. can), drained
Parmesan

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Toss onions and pepper with olive oil, salt and pepper and roast in oven for 50 minutes, turning once halfway through cooking time. Saute chicken that has been marinated till golden. Add Italian Seasoning and garlic. Add diced tomatoes and beans. Add roasted vegetables with all juices. Simmer till warmed through about 5-7 minutes. Serve with a snowfall of good parmesan cheese.

It was Columbus Day so I figured a little Italian fix was needed. Seriously who needs pasta with a dish like this?


Errr. I hate having so much time before my surgery. I'm a total snowball thinker. I start off with a little thought and roll it over in my mind till it's an avalanche o' shit. I just want to get it over with. I'm a swig it down kinda girl. So I've been sleeping like crap. It's always the what if's...

I have a lot to do. So I just need to focus on that. I need to pick up some supplies and do some house chores I know I won't be able to do for awhile. I'm also going to cook a few extra dishes this week and freeze them so I'll have it easy when I get back. Buy some sweats with a drawstring waist. Hair and pedicure fun stuff like that. FOCUS! **End self pep talk**

Highlights of the day:

* Experimenting for dinner tonight. I love to experiment. If it's a winner you'll hear about it.

* Haircut today. Finally found a stylist who gets it. Short, sassy, wash & go.

* Starbuck's run... it's the little things. Hot SF Cinnamon Dolce Soy Lattes on a crisp Fall day. Mmmmm.

Listening to: "New Shoes" Paolo Nutini.