Sunshine Therapy

I spent most of the day outside on a lawn chair soaking up the sun hoping to bake out these germs that have invaded my body. It was 80 degrees, sunny, bright blue skies, a really beautiful day or at least what I remember of it from my Benadryl haze. What is in Benadryl OMG?! Those pills are intense. 2 of those suckers and you could drag me across state-lines by my hair and I wouldn't know. They should call them over-the-counter roofies.

Before I went outside for my sunshine therapy I packed lunch (leftover tuna salad) & snacks in my super cool bento box. Here's what was on the menu...


Blue Box (top left): Andes Sugar Free Mint (begone tuna breath) and (in green silicone cup) Roasted Chickpeas
Green Box (top right): Shelly's Toasty Oat Protein Balls
Pink Box (bottom left): Shelly's Pesto Tuna Salad
Orange Box (bottom right): Green Grapes


Shelly's Toasty Oat Protein Balls

1 cup Oatmeal (I used Coach's Oats)
1/2 cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
1/4 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
1/4 cup Sugar Free Torani Vanilla Syrup (on sale now)
1/4 cup Chocolate Protein Powder

Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spread the oats and coconut on a baking sheet. Place in the oven and toast for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned.

Mix peanut butter and SF syrup slowly till well combined. Add the toasted oats and coconut to the peanut butter along with the chocolate protein powder stir till well combined. If mixture is loose add a little more coconut, too stiff add a bit more syrup. Shape into 18-20 cocktail meatball size balls.

Refrigerate for a few hours before serving. Great in the fridge for several days. If you like chewy oatmeal cookies you will love these.

Well I enjoyed the time spent outside but I woke up this morning still feeling (and looking) like I've been hit by a Mack truck. OK well maybe not a Mack truck... but at least a compact-size SUV.