Apple Pie Taquitos

I love apples. I can't help myself every store or Farmer's Market I visit I pick up at least two. It's amazing how many yummy varieties of a single fruit there are. I mostly eat them with nut butters smeared on them for a snack or dessert but I was wanting something warm...


Shelly's Apple Pie Taquitos

1 batch of Shelly's Apple Pie Innards
6 Mission Carb Balance Whole Wheat Fajita Size Tortillas
dash of Apple Pie Spice
Non-stick spray
Optional: SF Caramel Sauce (Smucker's)

Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray. Place tortillas on cookie sheet. Place a few spoons of apple pie innards down the center of each tortilla and roll. Place seam side down.

Sprinkle lightly with apple pie spice. Bake at 375 for 20 minutes, flip at the halfway mark. Cut each tortilla in half. Serve with Shelly's Gingersnap Pudding for dipping. I drizzled a little SF Caramel Sauce on each.

A great dessert after a Mexican dinner like Shelly's Fish Taco Salad, Beef & Bean Taco Salad or Crockpot Carnitas.


Shelly's Apple Pie Innards

2 Apples, sliced
1/4 cup chopped Nuts (I used combo of walnuts & pecans)
1/4 teaspoon Apple Pie Spice
1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
2 Tablespoons Sugar Free Caramel Torani Syrup

Heat on low, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes or until apples are tender but still whole.

Great on top of sweetened ricotta or Fage Greek yogurt, oatmeal, pudding, ricottage cheese pancakes, protein ice cream or cakes or on it's own.