Good Morning

It is a gorgeous sunny Monday morning in my 'hood. I set myself up outside with breakfast & the little laptop. I'm working on a project for my pal. I figure if I have to work might as well enjoy the fresh air and Vitamin D too.

Filled my super cool bento box with mostly leftovers... leftover bacon from the BBQ Baked Beans I made for tonight and leftover Fruit Salsa from last night's snack/dessert.


Pink Box (top left): Shelly's Berry-Banana Yogurt
Green Box (top right): Shelly's Fruit Salsa
Blue Box (bottom left): Bacon
Orange Box (bottom right): Apple Cinnamon Soy Crisps


I made some Fruit Salsa last night to have during The Amazing Race. Disappointed my favorite team the Globetrotters were eliminated. The brothers are driving me batty with their bickering... if it's this bad in their 20's could you imagine when they were 12? Their poor Mom. Anyway... the salsa was yummy.


Shelly's Fruit Salsa

1/3 cup Frozen Blueberries, defrosted
1/3 cup Frozen Cherries, defrosted, chopped
1/3 cup Frozen Mango, defrosted, chopped
1 Tablespoon Sugar Free Torani Syrup (I used SF Vanilla - on sale now)
dash of Cinnamon

Mix together till well combined. Refrigerate any unused portion. I had them with Apple Cinnamon Soy Crisps they'd also be yummy with Caramel Soy Crisps, on top of Greek Yogurt, Sweetened Ricotta Cheese, Sugar Free Pudding, Cottage Cheese, Protein Cake, Protein Ice Cream, Oatmeal.

Any combo of fruit would be delicious. You could add some nuts or unsweetened coconut too. A Tropical Fruit Salsa (Pineapple, Mango, Banana, Coconut), a New England Fruit Salsa (Apples, Pears, Cranberries, Blueberries, Walnuts), an All Berry Fruit Salsa (Raspberry, Blueberry, Strawberry)


Shelly's Berry-Banana Yogurt

3 oz. Fage Greek Yogurt (I use 2%)
1/2 Banana, mashed
1-2 Tablespoons Sugar Free Torani Syrup (I used a combo of SF Strawberry & SF Raspberry - also on sale)

Mix together till well combined.