Bento Lunch

I spent most of yesterday outside. I'm glad I did because it's flippin' chilly today. I just threw on a thicker sweater and made myself a cup of Pear Rooibos Tea with a splash of SF Caramel Torani to warm myself up.

Yesterday it was lovely and warm. I packed my super cool bento box with leftovers and ate my lunch outside...


Pink Box (top left): Shelly's Coconut Shrimp & (in little blue container) Apricot-Ginger Dipping Sauce
Orange Box (top right): Steamed Edamame
Blue Box (bottom left): Shelly's Apple Pie Innards
Green Box (bottom right): Shelly's 5 Minute Cookies & Cream Coffee Protein Cake flowers


Shelly's 5 Minute Cookies & Cream Coffee Protein Cake


1 Egg, beaten
3 Tablespoons Milk (I used Vanilla Soy)
2 Tablespoons Sugar-Free Torani Syrup
2 Tablespoons Canola Oil
3 Tablespoons Multigrain Pancake Mix (I use this)
2 Tablespoons Almond Meal/Flour
1 Instant Coffee Stick (Nescafe, Starbuck's VIA, etc.)
1 scoop Cookies & Cream Protein Powder
Pinch salt
1 Measuring Cup or Microwave Safe Mug

In a measuring cup or microwave safe mug, Mix egg, milk, syrup, and oil and combine thoroughly. In a separate bowl, mix pancake mix, coffee, almond meal, protein powder, and salt. Tip dry into wet and stir till combined. Nuke on high for 2 minutes (my microwave is getting old and needs 20 seconds added now.) Let it sit for three or so minutes (it pulls away from the sides) before tipping the cake onto a plate. Yields 4-5 slices.

Other Eggface Protein Cakes

Thinking of doing some experimental baking today. That should warm things up in here. Soooo... watch for the results of the experiment manana. If you see nothing. It failed ;)