Chicken Taco Bake & Stuff

Last night's dinner was so good. Early in the day I had thrown some chicken in the crock pot. Just chicken and a 1/2 cup of salsa and let it cook. When it was done I shredded it. I was going to make a salad and toss it on top but I was not in the mood for a cold salad. Here's what I came up with instead.

It was a super yummy dinner but because of its quiche-ish quality it would also be a perfect brunch dish on Christmas morning with it's colorful green & red specks.


Shelly's Chicken Taco Bake

1 cup cooked Chicken, shredded (great use for leftover rotisserie)
1/2 cup Colby-Jack Cheese, shredded
5 Eggs, beaten
1/2 cup Tomatoes, chopped
4 Green Onions, diced
1 Mild Green Chili, diced
2 Tablespoons Cilantro, chopped, fresh
1/2 teaspoon Southwest Seasoning
1/4 teaspoon Cumin
a few twists of Black Pepper
1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt

Topping: Shelly's Spicy Yogurt Dip

Mix all ingredients together and pour into a Pyrex casserole dish or deep dish pie plate that has been sprayed with non-stick spray. Bake for 30 minutes at 350.

I ate it on it's own but it would be great with a mixed green side salad or refried beans or a bean salad. I'm thinking leftover Thanksgiving turkey would be great in this too.


Highlights of the Day:

* My tote bag project is almost done. It's coming out so cute. I'll post it this week. I don't know what it is about the Fall but when it gets darker earlier I just want to be home doing crafts, listening to music and roasting veggies. Not the best thing I suppose for a single girl probably should go hang out more but whatever.

* Went for a long walk this morning. It was gorgeous. Cold in the shade but nice and warm in the sun. Tons of hot air balloons in the sky. I took deep breaths of the crisp, fresh air... feeling thankful for my healthy new life. It was an awesome highlight till I turn back on my road & an asswipe driving too fast in a residential area almost made me road kill. A scary reminder: Life is short. Enjoy every moment.

* My super cool boss gave me a Starbuck's gift certificate for Thanksgiving. They have the cutest holiday stuff right now think I will treat myself to a couple of new mugs to drink my Candy Cane Cocoa out of this Christmas Eve.

Listening to: The Script "The Man Who Can't Be Moved" I love this band.