Weekend Wrap Up

Hope everyone is having a great holiday weekend. Friday was beautiful, 70's. I went on a hike & picnic (below). Packed up the super cool bento box and took off. Came home and as I was sitting outside BBQing dinner I watched the gray clouds roll in...

Saturday morning I woke up to sprinkles but I figured some of the sellers would brave it at the Farmer's Market so fought the urge to hit the snooze button, bundled up and went. Was so glad I did. I got great stuff... oodles of Apples and Pears (thinking it's time for Roasted Pears with Ricotta again), Cucumbers, Squash, Cauliflower, Onions and Peppers (which will be roasted today). It rained off & on all Saturday. I worked on computer project & took some breaks to watch the rain with a cup of Pear Rooibos Tea w/ a splash of SF Caramel Torani Syrup. Mmmm.

Today the sun has popped out finally and I'm thinking I'll head out soon and get some walking in. I'm also hoping to get the Christmas tree & indoor decorations up at some point today. The Plan: Tune in Direct TV's holiday music channel, make some SF Candy Cane Cocoa and turn this place into a winter wonderland.

Is your tree up yet?


Pink Box (top left): Shelly's Waldorf Salad
Green Box (top right): Sugar Snap Peas
Blue Box (bottom left): Babybel & Sharp Cheddar Cheese
Orange Box (bottom right): (in blue silicon container) Shelly's Holiday Nuts

Shelly's Waldorf Salad

1/2 cup cooked Chicken (I used Naked Nuggets, sliced, Rotisserie would be great)
1 Fuji Apple, diced
1 stalk Celery, sliced
1/4 cup Red Grapes, halved
2 Tablespoons Walnuts, chopped
2 Tablespoons Golden Raisins

Creamy Lemon Dressing
1 Tablespoon Lemon Olive Oil
1 Tablespoon Fruity Vinegar (Orange, Lemon, Champagne. I used Orange Muscat Champagne Vinegar)
3 Tablespoons Fage Greek Yogurt
zest of 1/2 a Lemon
Kosher Salt to taste
a few twists of Black Pepper

Toss all ingredients together with creamy lemon dressing. Mix till coated.