Friday, February 20, 2009

Green Chili Bites

On a happier note. I made these for breakfast this morning...


Shelly's Green Chili Bites

1 Yellow Onion, diced
3 Green Onions, diced
1 can (4 oz.) Green Chilies, diced (I use Ortega Whole Mild)
1/2 cup Monterey Jack or Colby Jack Cheese, grated (If you like it spicy use Pepper Jack)
5 eggs
1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
1/2 teaspoon Oregano
a few twists of Black Pepper

Preheat oven to 350. Saute onions till golden. Set aside to cool. Wash and deseed chilies. Dice. I prefer to buy whole chilies and dice them myself (less seeds.) When onions are cool mix all ingredients together.

Spoon into lightly greased (Pam works great) mini muffin tins.

Bake for 30 minutes at 350. Makes 24.

Other Eggface "Bites" (think crustless quiches):

Shelly's Beef Fiesta Bites
Shelly's Italian Crab Bites
Shelly's Breakfast Bites
Shelly's Pizza Bites
Shelly's Bacon & Swiss Bites
Shelly's Stuffed Pizza Bites
Shelly's Spamtastic Bites with Tropical Dipping Sauce
Shelly's Foo Rangoon Bites
Shelly's Ham Fiesta Bites
Shelly's Philly Cheese Steak Bites
Shelly's Lovely Lox Bites

Shelly's Spinach & Feta Bites (vegetarian)
Shelly's Artichoke Florentine Bites (vegetarian)
Shelly's Zucchini Bites (vegetarian)
Shelly's Mushroom Bites (vegetarian)
Shelly's Bruschetta Bites (vegetarian)
Shelly's Southwest Bites (vegetarian)

5 comments:

Donna said...

YUM! These are going to potluck at church Wednesday night!!! Thanks!

Kim said...

I never comment, however I read you every day. Thank you for making AMAZING yummy treats!

I just made these and added in some turkey lunch meat (chopped) and tried it with seriously reduced fat cheese. And yum. Yum yum yum. It's the bean-less santa-fe sandwich bite.

I will be trying donuts soon.... once I get the pan. Thank you again!

Fab Kate said...

OMG these look DELISH! I've only been in NM for a couple years and had my first taste of green chile just months before my RNY... now I'm hoping I can taste a little of that green chile again sometime this summer.

Tammy said...

I can't wait to start using some of your recipes. I am on day 5 after surgery. Had my surgery Tuesday. still in some pain from it but my docs are saying I'm healing and doing just great! So what did you do for the first 2 wks? Do you have recipes for those?

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Thanks guys hope you enjoy them.

Hey Tammy,

I had surgery in Mexico ans they do things a little differently then the states so I was on nothing for 3 days, then water only for 1 day, then cleared for soft/pureed for 8 weeks, then all things as tolerated after that.

I have a bunch of pureed recipes on the site. Type in "ricotta" in the search box that will get you a few and "souffle" will too. Look to the left side on the home page for the pureed link too.

Hope that helps,
~Michelle