Sunday, March 30, 2008

Another "Bite"

Yeah so when I find something yummy I get a little OCD about it. This is probably version 15 or so of these little suckers but every one is super tasty. If you haven't made them yet... what are you waiting for??? ;)

Serve as a weight loss surgery friendly appetizer, light meal with a salad, or breakfast. These particular bites are great if you have vegetarian friends coming over.

They freeze well and reheat great in a toaster or regular oven. They are fine for up to three days in the fridge but trust me they won't stick around that long.


Shelly's Zucchini Bites

1/2 Yellow Onion, diced
2 Green Onions, diced
2 cloves Garlic, minced
2 small Zucchini, diced
1 teaspoon Butter
1/2 teaspoon Marjoram
1 teaspoon Parsley
1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
a few twists of Black Pepper
5 Eggs, beaten
1 cup Parmesan, grated

Preheat oven to 350 F. Saute onions in butter till golden. Add garlic and saute 1 minute more. Add zucchini. Saute with lid on turning every once and awhile till soft (about 5 minutes) Set aside to cool.


Mix all ingredients together. Be sure veggie mixture has cooled slightly before adding to egg mixture. Spoon (I use a small ice cream scoop) into a lightly greased mini muffin tin.


Bake for 30 minutes or until centers are firm. Makes 24.




Other Eggface "Bites" (think crustless quiches):

Shelly's Beef Fiesta Bites
Shelly's Italian Crab Bites
Shelly's Artichoke Florentine Bites (vegetarian)
Shelly's Breakfast Bites
Shelly's Pizza Bites
Shelly's Spinach & Feta Bites (vegetarian)
Shelly's Bacon & Swiss Bites

8 comments:

Kim said...

I'm always left wondering, how many bites do you personally eat with a salad? Because I did the chicken and artichoke bake (more bakes please) and I could only do about a 1/2 cup with no salad. Now I can do almost a whole cup.

I'm starting to freak out because I can eat more than I am used to-- what do you do?

Michelle said...

Hey Kim, I'm 21 months and I eat 3-4 bites with a scoop of Bean Salad and that does it for me. I certainly eat more than I used to but that's normal. We're not meant to eat tablespoons forever. Think about it though if you were like me pre-op you would have had a few cups, some garlic bread, a veggie, dessert too. ;)

Tamara said...

Michelle I tried these tonight and yet again you have made me a believer. Thanks for sharing your amazing recipes and allowing people like me to eat again after WLS...you are my HERO!! I hope you are feeling better.

Michelle said...

Hey Tamara,

So glad you enjoyed them... I love me some bites LOL. Hey if you have leftover they reheat well. I keep them in the fridge for up to 3 days or you can freeze then defrost in the fridge. I like the toaster oven for reheating the best but regular oven or micro works too. The toaster oven just doesn't alter texture second time around.

Emily said...

I finally made those bites I had emailed you about, and I wanted to pass the word along to you! They are fantastic. Heh, I posted about them on my blog, http://ncsuemme.blogspot.com/ :D

soulwrtr said...

I will have to say these are the best. All of them...my family loves them and just about every recipe I have tried that you have posted. My husband even makes these for church when it is his morning to bring...they absolutely love them. Thanks for all the great recipes and keep them coming.

Johanna said...

I just made these, I added more garlic and 2 slices of turkey bacon, turned out fantastic, even my picky eater grandson loved them. My only question is how long do you reheat them for.

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Yay so glad you enjoyed them!

***

I love it. Kids are the best gauge of a good recipe... they will let you know ;)

I reheat usually in the toaster oven for 5 minutes 350 they start to sizzle & are hot to the touch.

~Michelle