Sunday, September 23, 2007

Another Trader Joe's Find


The other day I was picking up a few things at Trader Joe's and I spotted these Chile Lime Chicken Burgers in the frozen food section. I checked out the nutritional info and decided to throw them in the cart. Tonight for dinner we gave them a whirl. I defrosted them in the fridge for a few hours per package directions and threw a couple on the BBQ grill.


I was worried when I looked at them that they would end up being leathery when done but I was pleasantly surprised. They were really moist and had great flavor. They are not spicy though I was expecting spicy from the title. The "chile" is actually sweet red bell pepper.

Verdict: tasty not quite what I expected by the name on the box but I would definitely have them again. They make a nice alternative to a "burger" I had mine topped with melted jalapeno jack cheese and sliced avocado with a heirloom tomato salad on the side. It was a yummy, quick & easy dinner.

Serving Size 1 burger 4 oz. Calories 110, 3 g. fat, 4 g. carbs, 15 g. protein. ($3.50/box of 4 - 1/4 lb. patties)

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Hey Michele!
I'm so glad I stumbled upon your webpage! What a great find! I love it and it's such a big help! You're an inspiration! Thanks for sharing all of your valuable info with us.
Sincerely,
Debbie

Michelle said...

Thanks for the sweet comment Debbie. Glad you are finding my rambling useful ;) ~Michelle

Hairdiva100 said...

I love these tossed on a salad,topped with pepper jack, thinly sliced red onion and sliced avocado or cut up and dipped in quacamole. A few friends suggested it with TJ's lemon mayo (I have yet to try it though).
Thank you for all the great ideas..I cant wait to try them all!