Sunday, July 29, 2007

I heart Trader Joe's

I could never live in a town that doesn't have a Trader Joe's. I buy too many things at this store and I can't imagine life without them. I heart Trader Joe's.

These are some of the things I pick up on a regular basis:

Cheese section (especially Goat cheese with herbs, fresh Mozzarella - perlini mini fresh mozzarella balls for bean salad, Rosemary Asiago, Burrata, Whole Milk Ricotta, Baby Brie)
Pesto (refrigerated section)
Fage Yogurt (refrigerated section)
Artic Char (frozen)
Crab Stuffed Flounder (frozen)
Frozen Fruits (for protein smoothies especially the organic blueberries (my fav), mango chunks, cherries, mixed berries)
Frozen Veggies (spinach, peas, broccoli, grilled corn)
Fresh Veggies (avocado, basil, crimini mushrooms)
Nuts (cashews, marcona almonds, raw almonds, sliced toasted almonds - my fav)
Giant Raisins (three types in one bag)
Fresh Salsa (refrigerated section)
Vitamin Section (a great sublingual b-12, chewable C)
Canned Artichokes (not in oil)
Organic Pumpkin (canned)
Hummus (refrigerated section)
Cilantro Yogurt Dip (refrigerated section)
Ground Buffalo Steak Burgers (see my review)
Tofutti Cuties (Soy Ice Cream Bars 1/2 of this tiny bar is a scary good once and a while treat)
Sicilian Olive Oil (best price)
Butter (best price)
Wasabi Mayonnaise (awesome)
Chicken Chile Verde (frozen - not to eat on its own I use as a base for Chicken Tortilla Soup)
Spinach Artichoke Dip (frozen)
Coffee (New Mexican Pinon)
Wine (for those that imbibe they have great prices)
Mushroom Asiago Chicken Sausage
McCann's Steel Cut Irish Oatmeal
Chicken Lime Burgers (frozen)
Chicken Patties 4 cheese, spinach & artichoke (refrigerated)
Bruschetta Sauce (jarred)
Almond Meal
Chocolate Soy Milk (4 pack)
Chicken Patties with 4 cheese, Spinach & Artichoke (refrigerated section)
Chicken Breakfast Sausage (uncooked)
Cooked Lentils, Favas (refrigerated section)
Lara Bars (cheapest)
Thai Style Soy Ginger Carrots
Langostino Lobster Meat
Bratwurst (refrigerator section)
Just Sauce Turkey Bolognese (frozen)
Pumpkin Soup (seasonal)
Chicken Asada (refrigerated section)
Broccoli Kale Chicken Salad (refrigerated section)
Red Quinoa
Chai Seeds
Powercrunch Bars

Trader Joe's Graveyard (Bring 'em back. Please and thank you)
Peanut Flour (sadly discontinued)
Garlic, Olive Oil & Feta Soy Crisps (sadly discontinued)


Mary Brake said...

I wish we had a trader joes! We miss out on all the good stuff.


Melissa said...

Thanks for the list! I heart me some Trader Joes. I will have to stop by on the way home tonight. Oh and by the way... um, holy crap!! You look like a completely different person! You rock!

Anonymous said...

Alas, since moving from Boston I have been without TJs for nearly three months...sob sob:( I will not despair though because soon I will revel in the joy of TJs in the not so glorious North Hollywood, CA. A small price to pay to be reunited with Joe. I miss the lime popsicles. Congrats on your weight loss!!

Lynette said...

OMG! The Trader Joes where I live -Chicago, IL - discontinued the olive oil, garlic and feta cheese Soy Crisps and I gotta tell you I nearly fainted! SERIOUSLY! Then, I contemplated calling the cops!!!! (I know.) Those were my absolute favorite snack. I had conversations with employees at T. Joes because someone HAD to know how good these were! Clearly, my argument didn't cause the delicious item to be put back on the shelf, at least not to my knowledge.

Margarita said...

Have you tried the Trader Joe's brand Greek Yogurt? The 2% has 24 grams of protein in 1 cup! I now eat it every morning for breakfast, with Truvia sweetner. Yum :)

Vikki Unsell said...

I heart your webstie, but the only Trader Joes's remotely close to me is 233 miles away! Any suggestions? I live in the panhandle of Texas in the middle of nowhere. Finding most of the items you use is next to impossible. I have ordered some items from the internet, but it is a little disappointing when I want to make some of your recipes and can't because I can't find the items.

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Hey Vikki,

I usually try & put an online source for the odd things but I understand not all areas will carry stuff. Sometimes if you go on the product website the company will have an email you can contact them to locate distributors in your area or a product locator by zip code.

Good Luck!

paperdollsforboys said...

Just want to thank you. Thank you for this list, for the inspiration and the information.

I'm 2 weeks out and overwhelmed. Your blog is calming my frayed nerves.

Helmet said...

I used to work for a chocolate factory and one of our biggest clients was Trader Joes. I remember when they had their guys come take a tour of our place and the people were so nice and down to earth. I love Trader Joes, and just wish I had one closer to me as well.
Working at the chocolate factory though made me end up having to get weight loss surgery in Mexico, but what do ya do?

Anonymous said...

I just learned about Trader Joe's and found we had one within 30 miles from my house. I love it! Thanks for everything on this site, it is all great!

neweyeswideopen said...

I have a TJ's about 2 hrs from here. I'm planning on going in a few weeks and stocking up, can you give me a clue from your list on anything that won't stay good for awhile or will not freeze? I'm super excited to try the chicken sausages. I won't be able to go often so I want to go big ya know? : )

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Oooh have fun! Nope, nothing that won't freeze... I even freeze cheese when I need too. Defrost in fridge and it is practically as good as new.

Joseph Raymond said...

Finally getting a Trader Joe's and I hear they are discontinuing the peanut flour. Bummer!