Post Weight Loss Surgery Menus: A day in my pouch

A day in my pouch is a series of blog posts (I try and post them every few days) to show what a typical daily menu is in my post weight loss surgery world.

Breakfast: I took a Honeycrisp apple, peeled and sliced it, and tossed the slices in a saute pan (sprayed with a little Pam) on medium. When the apple slices were golden and slightly soft (about 5 minutes) I tossed in 1 Tablespoon of Sugar Free Torani Syrup, 1 Tablespoon Dried Cranberries, 1 Tablespoon chopped Nuts. Cook for about 2 minutes more. I topped it with Greek yogurt that I sweetened with Sugar Free Torani Syrup (I used SF Cinnamon Vanilla.)


Lunch: I had a ton of computer work to do so I filled my bento box with lunch and took it outside on the patio.


Pink Box (top left): Bell Pepper Strips
Green Box (top right): Shelly's Hummus Yogurt Dip: equal parts plain Greek Yogurt and Hummus, sprinkle of Za'atar
Blue Box (bottom left): Ham & Cheese Roll-ups (Ham, Cheese & Italian Herb Alouette) & Olives
Orange Box (bottom right): Wasabi Almonds and Lime Chili Pepitas (Farmer's Market finds)

More Bento Lunches

Dinner: I bought a basket of mushrooms at the Farmer's Market this weekend and made Chicken Marsala with some of them. I served it with sliced tomatoes (sprinkled with salt, pepper & oregano.) It's one of my favorite meals.


Snacks: Too much coffee and while I was outside I took the opportunity to set the ice cream maker going. I didn't have to listen to the churning for 20 minutes. It's really not THAT loud but I had a bit of a headache and you know how some days every noise seems louder. Two scoops were dessert while I watched that train wreck of a show Real Housewives of Beverly Hills if I didn't have a headache before I did after watching that.


Shelly's Candy Cane Protein Ice Cream

1 cup Vanilla Soy Milk (or Regular Milk)
2 scoops of Vanilla Protein Powder
2 Tablespoons Sugar Free Peppermint Syrup
1 Tablespoon Sugar Free Candy Cane or Sugar Free Starlight Mints, crushed (Walgreens, CVS usually have them)

Mix together milk, protein, SF peppermint bits and syrup. I used this gadget to mix it up. It makes it airy and lump free. If you don't have one just toss it in a blender on super high. You want it fluffy almost double in size. Pour into ice cream maker. Follow your machine's instructions for freezing. You can eat it right away it is soft serve-ish (use it at this stage for Protein Ice Cream Cake making) if you want scoops put it in the freezer to set for an hour.


After that hour it will be hard (like rock hard - this is due to the lack of fat content) just nuke it 25 seconds to bring it back to scoops.

More Protein Ice Cream flavors

More days in my pouch