Post Weight Loss Surgery Menus: A day in my pouch

My yummy post weight loss surgery eating yesterday...

Breakfast: This is one of my current favorite breakfasts. Oodles of protein, vitamins and nutrients. It makes me feel good after I've eaten it.

Shelly's Tooty Fruity Protein Salad

6 Grapes, halved
6 Cherries, halved
1/2 a Honeycrisp Apple, diced
3 oz. Greek Yogurt (I used Fage 2% Plain)
1 Tablespoon Sugar Free Raspberry Torani Syrup (part of this great variety pack)
2 Tablespoons (or more) Strawberry Protein Powder

Mix yogurt, syrup and protein powder together till well combined. Chop fruit and mix with yogurt.

Make a great breakfast or dessert. It actually holds up without the apple browning for quite sometime too due to the lactic acid in the yogurt I believe.

Lunch: Sunny patio + wifi + a yummy lunch packed in my super cool bento box = one happy Eggface. I had a stack of work to do but sitting outside in the sunshine made it much more bearable.


Pink Box (top left): Sliced Cucumber
Green Box (top right): Hummus
Blue Box (bottom left): Green Grapes (in green silicone cup) and Naked Chicken Nuggets
Orange Box (bottom right): Hunks of my ultimate favorite Manchego Cheese

More Bento Box Lunch Recipes & Ideas

Dinner: My Chicken Marsala. I served it with peas on the side. Any veggie would be great or I often do a cucumber & tomato salad with it.

Shelly's Chicken Marsala

1/2 Yellow Onion, diced
4-5 sliced Mushrooms (I use some Button, some Crimini)
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
1/2 teaspoon Marjoram
3 Tablespoons Spelt Flour (or Multigrain Pancake Mix)
4 (4-ounce) boneless Chicken Breasts, pounded to 1/2-inch thickness (into about 8 pieces)
1 tablespoon Olive Oil
1/2 cup Chicken Broth
1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
1/4 cup Marsala Wine
1 Green Onion, diced

Saute onion and mushroom till golden. Remove from pan set aside. Combine the salt, pepper, marjoram and pancake mix on a plate. Coat the chicken in the mixture. Heat the olive oil. Add the chicken and cook 5 minutes on each side. Transfer the chicken to a plate and cover loosely to keep warm. Add the broth, lemon juice and Marsala (booze cooks out for the most part... don't omit) to the skillet and cook, stirring to incorporate any bits on the surface of the pan. Add onion and mushroom back to pan. Add green onion. Bring to a boil and continue to boil 3 to 4 minutes, or until the sauce is thickened. Serve the sauce spooned over the chicken.

Snacks: Much too much coffee and when I went to Starbucks last night I brought an Peanut Butter Creme Protein Wafer Bar that I ate 3/4 of and since Starbucks doesn't make any holiday drinks that are sugar free (shame on you Bux) so I created my own and order this when I want a change...

Hot, Grande (or whatever size you want) 1/2 Sugar-Free Cinnamon Dolce, 1/2 Sugar-Free Caramel Soy (or whatever milk you like) Latte, No Whip

Try it it's yum.