Post Weight Loss Surgery Menus: A day in my pouch

A day in my pouch is a series of blog posts (I try and post them every few days) to show what a typical daily menu is in my post weight loss surgery world.

Breakfast: I had to be out the door pretty early so I popped one of those new Atkins Breakfast Bowls in the microwave. I can only get through about 1/2. I can eat more of my own homemade egg bowls I think it's the softness of the scrambled egg. They are pretty good when you need to get out of the door quickly (low carb, tasty, no clean-up.)


I was asked by Big Train to take part in a photo project they are doing so I spent most of the morning in San Juan Capistrano. I'll share the results as soon as I am able. We drove to Oceanside and then took the very scenic 30 minute train ride to SJC. If you ever get a chance to take the train in that area, do it. The train hugs the coast. Gorgeous scenery.

Lunch: After the photo shoot we returned to Oceanside. It was a gray day at the beach but I had to spend a little time watching the waves crash so we walked over to the Oceanside Pier and had lunch at the the little fish joint under the pier, The Tin Fish. I split this delicious grilled fish plate (tilapia, salmon, mahi mahi) with my Mum.


Dinner: Leftovers from the night before of Fajita Chicken Skewers (BBQ'd Chicken Breast Tenders brushed with a little olive oil and sprinkled with McCormick Perfect Pinch Salt Free Fiesta Citrus Seasoning), sauteed Peppers and Onions, Refried Beans, and Fiesta Citrus Yogurt Dip (Greek yogurt and a sprinkle of the same McCormick Perfect Pinch Salt Free Fiesta Citrus Seasoning.)


Snacks: The best Soy Latte I have ever had while waiting for the train back to Oceanside. Really it was. Hidden House Coffee. So good. In the evening I nuked one of those Seapoint Farms Edamame Snack Bags. Love those suckers. I get mine at Walmart but I've seen them at a few stores. They have a product locator on their website or hit them up on their Facebook page.


More days in my pouch