Post Weight Loss Surgery Menus: A day in my pouch

My day in post weight loss surgery eating...

Breakfast: These are so good. You can use any protein powder in these crepes or none if you don't want the extra protein, just omit, though they won't be as orangy, is that a word? I used Orange Cream Chike (think 50/50 Creamsicle Bar.) I filled the finished crepes with a dollop of pineapple cottage cheese and topped them with some warm sugar free orange marmalade. A healthier version of a classic Crepe Suzette.


Shelly's Healthified Crepe Suzette

2 Eggs
1/2 cup Soy Milk (I use Silk Vanilla)
1/4 cup minus 1 Tablespoon Water
1 Tablespoon Sugar Free Torani Syrup (I used SF Vanilla)
1 Tablespoon Canola Oil
1/2 cup Spelt Flour
1/4 cup Protein Powder (I used Orange Creme Chike)
1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
dash of Salt
SF Orange Marmalade
Cottage or Ricotta Cheese

Blend all ingredients on low till thoroughly combined. Pour into a bowl, cover and refrigerate for a half-hour.


Spray a non-stick 8 to 10-inch crepe pan with Pam. Pour 1/4 cup of the batter into the pan and twirl it around to spread the batter in a thin circle.


Cook till top appears dry and flip. Cook a minute or so on other side. Repeat till all batter is used. While you are making them you can keep them warm in a low oven 200 degrees or nuke for 20 seconds before serving. Makes 8-10 crepes depending on the size of the pan. They can be kept in the fridge for a couple of days and nuked 25 seconds to reheat.

Place a dollop of pineapple or regular cottage or Sugar Free Torani Syrup sweetened ricotta cheese inside and top with orange marmalade that has been warmed in the microwave for 25 seconds.

Lunch: Leftovers from last night's dinner. One of my favorites: Cauliflower Pie.


I took the donations I gathered together in memory of the Sandy Hook victims to the local food bank today then I went for a really long walk, a little longer than I intended so I decided I'd just pick up some dinner.

Dinner:  I stopped at a little Middle Eastern restaurant in town and picked up a couple of Kabobs. 2 Kabobs fed both my Mum and I for $5. Yay for à la carte protein. Tip: Always look on the menu or ask if you can buy the protein without all the carby sides. I came home made a couple of sides, some sauteed Mushrooms and sliced Cucumber with Yogurt Dip. Super quick. I didn't even need to reheat the kabobs.


Shelly's Middle Eastern Yogurt Dip

3 oz. Greek Yogurt (I use 2%, plain)
1/2 teaspoon Za'atar
1/2 teaspoon Oregano
dash of Salt
a few twists of Black Pepper

Mix till well combined. Great for dipping meats, veggies or used as a salad dressing.

Snacks: Too much coffee as usual including a Sugar-Free Vanilla Soy Latte at Starbucks and I stopped at Costco and had 2 cheese samples and a hunk of ham. Gotta love the Costco Buffet.