It's a Wrap! and a product review


"The best things brought to the U.S. from Mexico are the tortilla and burrito. Now Americans steal it, and create this phenomenon called a wrap."
~Comedian George Lopez

LOL I guess that's true.

I love wraps. It's my sandwich alternative since I don't do bread. I have at least one a week. They are a perfect quick and easy no-cook or minimally cooked meal. Most are great cold but some are even yummier warmed a bit in a skillet or on a Foreman Grill. I eat 1/2 at a sitting usually with a little salad, sliced tomatoes, or olives.

I use Mission Brand Carb Balance Whole Wheat 6" Fajita Size Tortillas. They also come in Flour and 8" Burrito Size.

Here's the Nutritional Stats on the ones I use:


The World According to Eggface Master Wrap List:

Turkey, Swiss Cheese, Avocado
Chicken Salad
Tuna Salad
Chicken or Turkey, Grilled Veggies (zucchini or eggplant), Provolone (Hot or Cold)
Chicken or Turkey, Provolone, Olive Tapenade (Hot or Cold)
Grilled Chicken, Romaine Lettuce, Caesar Dressing
Grilled Chicken, Romaine Lettuce, Cilantro Yogurt Dip
Turkey, Muenster Cheese, Hummus, Sprouts
Smoked Salmon, Cream Cheese, Cucumber, Dill
Roast Beef, Swiss Cheese, Wasabi Mayo
Corned Beef, Swiss Cheese, Coleslaw, Thousand Island Dressing
Cannelini Bean Salad
Goat Cheese, Pesto, Sun Dried Tomatoes, Pine Nuts, Olive Tapenade (Hot or Cold)
Green (Pesto) Eggs and Ham
BLT with fresh Basil (Hot or Cold)
Fresh Mozzarella, Basil, Tomatoes or Tomato Sauce (Hot or Cold)
Leftover Beef, Chicken or Shrimp Fajitas or Stirfry (Hot or Cold)
Turkey, Tomato, Herbed Spreadable Cheese, Baby Spinach (Hot or Cold)
Scrambled Eggs, Cheese, Refried Beans
Egg Salad and Baby Spinach
Peanut Butter and SF Jelly (Hot or Cold)
Cream Cheese flavored with some SF Torani Strawberry Syrup and sliced Banana (Hot or Cold)
Peanut Butter and Mashed Banana (Hot or Cold)

Here's a few of my latest creations. Check back I will be adding more to the list I'm sure.

Tip: Not using your tortillas that quickly? You can freeze and then defrost them for later use. Just place them in an airtight container with a piece of parchment paper between each.

August is National Sandwich Month.