What's new?

It's flippin hot. It was 104 today. I'm melting. So much for that tiny glimpse of Fall we had the other day this nastiness is expected through next week.

I seriously don't feel like cooking or eating in this weather but I know I have to. I drank a lot. So that's good. My drink de jour is water with a splash of Glaceau Vitamin Water Multi-V Lemonade in it. Yeah probably not the best choice but it's getting me to drink my water. So what the hell.

I didn't eat much at all today:

Breakfast: Cheesestick
Lunch: Mango Banana Protein Smoothie
Dinner: Chicken Marsala and a Tomato Salad
Snack: Apple with Justin's Almond Butter

I made Chicken Marsala tonight. It was yummy. I've got leftovers for tomorrow too. I've posted this recipe before (last year I think) but I adapted it a bit so here's the new & improved version:



Shelly's Chicken Marsala

1/2 Yellow Onion, diced
4-5 sliced Crimini Mushrooms
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
1/2 teaspoon Marjoram
3 Tablespoons Flour (I use Multigrain Pancake Mix)
4 (4-ounce) boneless Chicken Breasts, pounded to 1/2-inch thickness
1 tablespoon Olive Oil
1/2 cup Chicken Broth
1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
1/4 cup Marsala Wine (don't leave out, alcohol burns off)
1 Green Onion, diced

Saute onion and mushroom till golden. Remove from pan set aside. Combine the salt, pepper, marjoram and flour on a plate. Coat the chicken in the mixture. Heat the olive oil. Add the chicken and cook 5 minutes on each side. Transfer the chicken to a plate and cover loosely to keep warm. Add the broth, lemon juice and Marsala to the skillet and cook, stirring to incorporate any bits on the surface of the pan. Add onion and mushroom back to pan. Add green onion. Bring to a boil and continue to boil 3 to 4 minutes, or until the sauce is thickened. Serve the sauce spooned over the chicken.


Well I haven't done a basic update in awhile... I still get headaches and migraines. I was told weight loss surgery might improve these but sadly it did not. I'm not crazy about some of the next treatment steps the neurologist has suggested so for now I'm just living with them. Other than that I'm great -138 pounds. Still losing a few pounds two weeks out of the month. I'm researching plastic surgery and surgeons. Lurking on OH's PS board. I hope to have tummy, arms, and "the girls" done before the year is out. Franken Barbie here I come! My sister was just approved for a tummy tuck and breast reduction. She had RNY in 2004. She's paying the extra to have her belly button redone and all that... I'm glad. No belly button is so Kyle XY and a little freaky. No offense belly button-less readers.

What else? I'm going to NY. Yeah! Fall in NY. I'm so excited.

I just bought a few things today for my trip. I got 5 shirts online at Nordstrom.com they have flat fee shipping right now $5 no matter how much you order, 2 sweaters at Ross and 2 pairs of pants at TJ Maxx. So I'm set. Well I still need a jacket. I bought one back in October when I went to NY last but it swims on me now. I love it all my clothes can fit in a carry-on bag now... when I was heavy two of my garments would take up a carry-on bag. I always had to check my bags.

That's all that's new and exciting in my world. How about yours? Feel free to comment. The world according to eggface has hundreds of readers a day but few comments (TY to those that do).

Highlights of the day:

* Despite it being 104 degrees I was able to run around town all day doing errands not something I would have done pre-op +138 pounds.

* At least I wasn't in Death Valley, CA where it was 119 degrees.

* My Moo Cards came in the mail.

Listening to: "The Great Escape" Boys Like Girls