Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Japanese Bento

One of my favorite snacks is steamed Edamame (young green soybeans.) You know those yummy beans they give you in sushi restaurants. I buy frozen bags of them (in the shell) and nuke them in this groovy gadget for 2 minutes, sprinkle them with salt and gobble them up. Oodles of protein and soooo yummy. Plus they are fun to eat.

They made a great addition to my Japanese themed super cool bento box lunch...

Blue Box (top left): Naked Chicken Nuggets with Teriyaki Sauce
Orange Box (top right): Steamed Edamame
Pink Box (bottom left): Shelly's California Roll Salad
Green Box (bottom right): Frozen Kyoho Grapes
Along side: Peach Green Tea Drink Packet

Other Eggface Asian Food Fixes:
Shelly's Asian Lettuce Cups
Shelly's Chinese New Year Meatball Soup
Shelly's Chicken Chop Suey
Shelly's Chinese Shrimp Packet
Shelly's Cashew Chicken
Shelly's Naked Asian Chicken Salad
Shelly's Shrimp & Peas Stir Fry
Shelly's Foo Rangoon Bites
Shelly's Chicken Egg Foo Young
Shelly's Almond Cookie Protein Ice Cream


PsychoChris said...

Hey sweetness! You never fail to amaze me with your creativity. I am trying so hard to get Naked Nuggets here in San Antonio...

Amy said...

Your bento box posts are the best! I also love Edamame - had it for dinner the other night. I buy the ones that you can steam right in the bag. Yummo!

I also wish that I could find the naked chicken nuggets here in Little Rock. There's obviously demand for them, why aren't they showing up in more stores?

Ann said...

The edamame I get from my local restaurant is steamed with star anise mixed in with the pods. It is so good. Reading your posts everyday I thought you'd like to give it a try.

Thanks for all your excellant posts.