Peas on Earth

I grabbed the wrong bag of shrimp at Costco the other day. I like large or extra large for BBQing. These are a little smaller than I like. They were perfect for this stir fry I made for dinner tonight though. There are so many yummy veggies in this you never miss noodles or rice...


Shelly's Shrimp & Peas Stir fry

Marinade
1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
1 Tablespoon Rice Vinegar
1/2 teaspoon Fresh Ginger, grated
1/2 teaspoon Garlic, crushed
30 Medium Raw Shrimp, peeled and deveined

1 Yellow Onion, sliced
4 Green Onions, cut into 1" segments
1/2 cup Carrot, shredded
1/2 cup Snow Peas, halved
1 cup Sugar Snap Peas
1/2 cup Green Peas, frozen
1/2 cup Bean Sprouts
1/8 teaspoon Fresh Ginger, grated
1/8 teaspoon Garlic, crushed
1/4 cup Water
1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
1 Tablespoon Corn Starch
1 Tablespoon Rice Vinegar
1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
a few twists of Black Pepper
Olive Oil for sauteing

Make the marinade by combining soy sauce, rice vinegar, ginger and garlic in a small bowl. Toss in the shrimp. Marinate while you prepare the veggies at least 15 minutes.


Saute onions till golden. Add all veggies. Cover with lid and steam saute about 8 minutes or till almost desired tenderness. Toss in shrimp (discard marinade) and additional ginger and garlic and cook until no longer translucent, about 2 minutes. Mix cornstarch, soy sauce and water together to form a slurry. Make a well in the middle of the pan and pour starch mixture in. Cook till bubbles and stir to combine. Add additional vinegar and season with salt and pepper.



If you like this... try these other Eggface dishes:

Shelly's Cashew Chicken
Shelly's Chinese Shrimp Packet
Shelly's Chicken Chop Suey
Shelly's Foo Rangoon Bites
Shelly's Chicken Egg Foo Young


Highlights of the Day:

* Had a nice time at the Farmer's Market. Got loaded up with fresh veggies and fruits. Went to a health fair with my Mum. It was all senior stuff but it was fun. Talked with a local PCP about my weight loss surgery journey. Got screened for stroke... I know a little early for me LOL well you can never be too cautious. I'm all good (Mum too.) Nice clear veins or whatever.

* Talked to my sister for a hour or so. I missed her the last couple of times she called. She always has seasoned advice. She's 16 years older than me and was a single Mom of 2 most of her life so she has really good coping mechanisms. As I get older I am appreciating her wisdom more. She still gave me my worst Christmas present ever though ;)

* Two cute kid stories. I read this one... this 3 year old was reciting the alphabet for his Mom and he got stuck at W. "T, U, V, W..." Finally his Mom asked, "What comes after W?" and he said, "Dot com???"

Then other day I was in the supermarket and this little boy asked his Mom for a candy bar and I heard his Mom say, "I don't have money for that" and he said, "Just go to the ATM."

Kids are hilarious. Makes me miss teaching.

Listening to: "Broken Strings" James Morrison feat. Nelly Furtado