League of Nations

The sun finally popped out yesterday afternoon for a few hours so I decided to take advantage of it and bring dinner in my super cool Bento Box to the park to watch it set.


Blue Box (top left): Yellow Pepper Strips and Baby Carrots
Green Box (top right): Colby Jack Cheese Cubes & Steamed Edamame
Pink Box (bottom left): Shelly's BBQ Saucy Meatballs
Bottom right: Tribe Single Serve Hummus (love these)

I get the little Hummus 100 calorie single serve containers at Costco in a box of 16/2 oz. cups for $4.99 (refrigerated section)


More Eggface Bentos


Came home for dessert. If you love those Chinese Almond Cookies you will LOVE this. A new favorite...

WLS bariatric surgery menus
Shelly's Almond Cookie Protein Ice Cream

1 cup Vanilla Soy Milk (or Regular Milk)
2 scoops of Vanilla Protein Powder
1 Tablespoon Sugar Free Vanilla Jello Pudding Powder, dry
1 Tablespoon Sugar Free Almond Torani Syrup
dash of Cinnamon
2 Tablespoons Almonds, slivered
4-6 Sugar Free Almond Cookies, crushed (I use these)

Mix together milk, protein, pudding, syrup and cinnamon. I used this gadget to mix it up. It makes it airy and lump free. If you don't have one just toss it in a blender on super high. You want it fluffy almost double in size. Pour into ice cream maker. Follow your machine's instructions for freezing. 5 minutes before done add nuts & crushed cookies.

You can eat it right away it is soft serve-ish but I like to scoop it into a tupperware and put it in the freezer to set for an hour. I topped it with Sugar Free Land o Lakes Whipped Cream and a few slivered almonds.

Dinner was nice. Not really dinner-ish. More snacky. I really wasn't in the mood to cook so I just made up a bunch of fun snacks making sure there was enough protein. Sometimes I do that especially if I'm alone. It was a really mixed up International meal... Middle Eastern Hummus, Japanese Edamame, Chinese Almond Cookie Ice Cream. Mixed up but very tasty!