Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Cool Product Alert: Naked Nuggets

These little suckers rock. Fully cooked (grilled) and NO BREADING hence the "naked" name white meat chicken nuggets. Perfect for us weight loss surgery peeps. You can grab a few out and you've got a super quick protein meal or snack.

Mix up a little Greek Yogurt dipping sauce, chop them in a salad, toss them in a stir fry. Easy.

Family friendly too. Which whippersnapper doesn't like chicken nuggets??? A few of these Naked Nuggets, some Baby Carrots and a dollop of Ranch Dip = You are a superhero.

Sampled these at Costco the other day and tossed a bag in the cart. They were $12.99/ 3 lb. bag. Here's the product locator to find a store that carries them near you.

Nutritional Facts

Serving Size 7 nuggets
Servings Per Container 16
Calories 140 Calories from Fat 25
Total Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 2g
Sugars 0g
Protein 25g

Verdict: Yum. Soooo good. My problem with chicken nuggets is that they usually taste and have the texture of little sponges but these are great and not spongy at all. I heated them in a pan from frozen a few minutes per side. You can oven bake or microwave too. They were added to a Bento Lunch and I enjoyed them at the park dipped in a little salad dressing. I love quick & easy protein sources like this. 'Cause some days (yep even I have them) you just don't want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen.


Fab Kate said...

oooh.... looks like I'll be getting a membership to Costco after all

Salted with Shadows said...

Glad you posted this! Going to Costco tomorrow...thanks! :)

Anonymous said...

Geez....they don't have those in our neck of the woods.... :( I was so excited!!!


Michelle "Shelly" said...

Hope you guys like 'em. :)


Erica, If you have a Costco or a Sam's or something ask the manager to carry them. The company is Blue Ribbon www.shedthebread.com


Melting Mama said...


JaimeK said...

I don't know if anyone has told you this lately, but WOMAN you are a Godsend. Your product finds and recipes are fabulous!! Thank you!


Janell said...

I just got back from Costco. I wish I would have read your post earlier. I will be sure and pick some up next time I am there.

JaimeK said...

Bummer - not available in ORegon yet....maybe soon.

Erica Hanks said...

Yessssssss! Costco: Mesa Arizona!! WOO HOO!!

chpdlivr said...

I made some egg bites on Sunday and took them to school to have for breakfast every morning. I get envious looks from the other teachers.......24 bites last me 4 days. YUM!!!

Thanks, Shelly!! You rock!

Paula K said...

Huge bummer - they don't have them in Orange County! WTH? Oh well, I have an appt with Dr. Suh in Corona next week, looks like I'll have to cruise down to Temecula. Hey Shelly - wanna have coffee on Tuesday?

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Hey Paula, What time were you thinking? I have a crazy few weeks coming up... in a good way some $$ thankfully but if it works out time wise that would be great email me: socalshell@aol.com

Salted with Shadows said...

They didn't have them at the Costco I go to in WA state...thanks for the website and other info though. I will track 'em down and/or call the manager.

Freud'sCigar said...

I totally want, but I can't digest white meat :( Awesome find though!

mama2reese said...

Just did a search - and no go. Maybe I can request them!

I get so lazy about lunch - these would be awesome.