Gung Hay Fat Choy!

To celebrate Chinese New Year yesterday I made this yummy soup for dinner. As I was forming the meatballs I thought... here's a Sicilian girl making Chinese meatballs. It was a kumbaya moment of global togetherness.

Lesson learned: We are more alike than different.

You know I'll bet most of the problems of the world could be solved if we would just have a potluck.

Hear that, Barack? I have a degree in Political Science, I like to cook and I'm looking for a job. I could be your Secretary of Potlucks. You've got the power dude. Make it happen.

Many a true word is spoken in jest.

I hope you enjoy the soup and have the BEST year ever.


Shelly's Chinese New Year Meatball Soup

3 bunches Baby Bok Choy
1/8 cup Dry Bread Crumbs
1/8 cup Milk
3/4 pound Ground Pork
4 Green Onions, diced
1 (4 oz.) can Shitake Mushrooms, well drained
1 1/2 teaspoons Ginger, grated
3 cloves Garlic, crushed
1 Egg, beaten
1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
a few twists of Black Pepper to taste
2 teaspoons Sherry
2 Tablespoons Almond Flour
3 Tablespoons Soy Sauce, divided use
3 cups Chicken Broth

Split up and wash the bok choy. Set aside. Soak breadcrumbs in milk for 1 minute. Beat egg. Add egg and soaked breadcrumbs to ground pork. Combine the ground pork all other ingredients (except 2 Tablespoons of the soy sauce and the chicken broth)

Form the ground pork into meatballs. I use an ice cream scoop to keep them fairly uniform.

Brown meatballs on all sides. Heat the chicken broth and the remaining 2 Tablespoons of soy sauce to boiling. Add the meatballs and bok choy.

Simmer 25 minutes until the meatballs are cooked through. Makes 9-10 meatballs.


Other Eggface Chinese Food fixes:

Shelly's Shrimp & Peas Stir Fry
Shelly's Cashew Chicken
Shelly's Chinese Shrimp Packet
Shelly's Chicken Chop Suey
Shelly's Foo Rangoon Bites
Shelly's Chicken Egg Foo Young