Thursday, September 27, 2007

Tortilla Pizza

I was jonesing for pizza yesterday. I used those great Mission Brand Carb Balance Whole Wheat 6" Fajita Size Tortillas as my "crust." and created a couple of Tortilla Pizzas. It definitely satisfied my pizza urge.

Place a tortilla on a lightly oiled baking sheet. Top it any way you like. Bake at 375 degree oven for 8-10 minutes till the tortilla is crisp and the toppings are bubbly.

One of my creations was topped with pesto sauce, ricotta cheese, sauteed spinach and garlic, sliced tomato, smoked mozzarella, and parmesan. The other with pesto sauce, provolone cheese, parmesan, sliced tomato, and Italian seasoning.

This would be a great way to use up leftovers... grilled chicken, steak, shrimp. The combinations are endless. I used pesto sauce but you could use alfredo sauce, tomato sauce, bbq sauce, hot sauce, salsa. I'm planning on making a Chicken Carbonara tortilla pizza next time I have some leftover grilled chicken. Mmmm with a little alfredo sauce, parmesan, crumbled bacon, and mushrooms. Yummy.


DocB said...

Hey there-
It's DocB from OH again.
Umm, yeah, I think I love you. :)
Seriously, though, have you thought about creating a cookbook from all these recipes? They really are magnificent!
I know I would be first in line to snap one up!
I'm SO making this for dinner tonight.


Michelle said...

B, Thank you so much for your sweet comment. ~M

Anonymous said...

i am newbie with my WLS (1 week / lost 16 lbs) and looking at future things to i will be able to make. i just want to thank you so very much for such a helpful site & your
receipies look totally delicious, easy to make & not time consuming. i may even enjoy being in the kitchen again :)

Shari said...

All I can say is O-M-G! I just had WLS two weeks ago & just found your blog & can't stop looking at it. All of your recipes sound so yummy. I agree with Doc - you should definitely do a cookbook. Thanks SO MUCH for all your creative yummy ideas!!

AKG said...

Holy Cow are these pizzas delicious!! I tried my first one tonight: sauted spinach and garlic, pesto, smoked provolone, sliced tomato and parmesan. It was the best food I've had since surgery 6 weeks ago. Just when I thought food would always be sad (and make me sad), you and your recipes restored my faith in food that is good for me AND tastes good. Bless you : )