Post Weight Loss Surgery Menus: A day in my pouch

This is what I ate yesterday...

Breakfast: Shelly's Sweet Zucchini Pancakes with SF Maple Syrup. I made a batch last weekend and froze them between slices of wax paper in a Tupperware. They make a super quick breakfast mid week. Just pull a few out into the fridge to defrost and heat (or not they are surprisingly yummy cold too)


Lunch: My super cool bento with yummy leftover stir fry...


Blue Box (top left): Steamed Edamame
Orange Box (top right): Shelly's Lime Green Margarita 5 Minute Cake
Pink Box (bottom left): Leftover Shelly's Quick Sesame Beef Stir Fry
Green Box (bottom right): Shelly's Lime Flavored Yogurt


Shelly's Lime Flavored Yogurt

3 1/2 oz. Fage Greek Yogurt (1/2 a container. I use 2%, they have 0% too)
1 Tablespoon or so of ANY flavor Sugar Free Torani Syrup (this time I used SF Lime)
1 teaspoon Sugar Free Lime Jello, dry

Mix till combined. Sometimes I sprinkle some cereal or granola on top for a little crunch. You can top with fresh or defrosted frozen fruit (Lime & Pineapple is yummy). If you want fruity chunky yogurt drop everything plus some frozen or fresh fruit in a mini food processor and whiz till smooth. This makes a GREAT dip for sliced apples too.


Dinner: Mmmm Yummy Chicken Rollatinis (this is Rollatini version 4 - other versions) served with with Green Beans.


Shelly's Cowboy Chicken Rollatinis

2 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts, sliced into 3-4 pieces each and pounded flat
4 slices of Bacon, cut in half & cooked till bendy not crispy
1/4 cup BBQ Sauce
1 Red Onion, sliced
2-3 cloves Garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
a few twists of Black Pepper
3-4 Slices of Swiss Cheese
a Tablespoon or so of Olive Oil for sauteing

Pound chicken breast pieces flat between plastic wrap. Place 1/2 slice of cooked bacon on the end of each pounded chicken breast and roll-up. Heat a little olive oil in a shallow non-stick fry pan. Place seam side down in hot pan. Saute 5 minutes on one side, flip and saute 3 minutes on other side. Remove from pan and place rollatinis in a Pyrex casserole dish.

Brush a little BBQ sauce on each rollatini.

Saute red onion till golden. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic cook 1 more minute. Pour over rollatinis.

Place cheese on top.

Bake for 30 minutes in a 350 oven.

Snacks: Banana Protein Mochacchino (Starbuck's Banana Vivanno Knock-off), an Antipasto Skewer and waaaay to many of those K-cups of coffee. Loving those.

Highlights of the Day:

* It was payday in my world. Highlight. Of course that also meant it was bill paying day so yeah I'm broke again. Not a highlight.

* Speaking of green paper... $145 million dollar California Lottery stakes. I played. Soooo until I check my numbers and find out I'm one of thousands of other losers the potential of my beach house and philanthropic life is still alive.

* Remembered it's Rod Run weekend in my town. Ogled by hot guys who drive cool cars. Oh yeah. Nice for the ego once and awhile. No Farmer's Market though :( gonna have to hit another town's market this week.

Listening to: Glee music. I know I'm a goober.