Friday, February 27, 2009

Banana Protein Mochacchino

This is a perfect knock-off of those Chocolate Banana Vivannos at Starbucks.

Shelly's Banana Protein Mochacchino

1 cup Vanilla Soy Milk (you can use ANY milk or milk/water combo. I'm a soy girl)
1 Tablespoon Sugar Free Torani Syrup (I use SF Vanilla)
1/2 a Banana
1 scoop Click Espresso Protein Powder
1 scoop Chocolate Protein Powder
3-4 Ice Cubes

Add liquid, then powders, then additions and blend on high. I serve it with a squirt of SF Land o Lakes Whipped Cream.


Stacey said...

Hi Michelle,
I love your blog and it has gotten me through all my good times and bad time since my surgery...I am a year out I had lost 136 lbs and just gained back 4. I have not been good but did not think I was that bad and I am devastated. I feel like I am going to be huge again and that I am just a loser. I just need to know if you ever had bad times and if so how you got through. I am sorry I just want to go eat everything in sight and just thinking you might have advice is making me hold off.

Even if I don't hear back from you I want you to know you have made a difference in my life...thanks

JarheadsBaby said...

Looks yummy!

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Hey Stacey,

Thank you for the lovely compliment. Congratulations on your weight loss!

You know I definitely have hungrier weeks and the scale will pop up a pound or two. It happens. If I feel like I'm getting a little out of control I do a few things...

* I chart my meals on for a week to see what's going on in B&W.

* I drink more water. I'm not a good water drinker but water fills you and is 0 cals.

* I plan. Most days I know exactly what I am going to have for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Snack the next day. On the days I don't plan I start to grab stuff and graze... adding a ton more calories to my day. So my best advice is plan.

* Giveaway anything that you can't control yourself around.

Hope this helps,

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Hope you enjoy it JarheadsBaby :)

Donna said...

I don't have any click :( but I am wondering if I could make a reasonable facsimile with instant coffee crystals and just chocolate powder. Hmm, I feel the need to experiment! Yumm! Thanks for another yummy recipe!

Anonymous said...

Tryed this it was great. Thanks for all t he great recipes.


Nicole said...

I tried this today and it is a spot on for Starbucks! Your the best...thought I would never taste Starbucks again! Ordered my bento box today too! Thanks for everything!

honeygirls said...

Hi Shelly, Where can I find in the store malted milk sugar free the one you make the ice cream with? I know you orered it online but I would like to get in a stroe. I live in San Jose, Ca. Thank You Pat

Holly said...

This is even better than the Starbucks Banana Chocolate Vivanno. I just tried one of them and while it's good, this is much better.

nanales said...

Hi Shelly: What is the difference between the CLick Powder and a Protein Powder. I notice you use both. You have incredible recipes and the pictures make it all worthwhile. I am 8 weeks out and still experimenting. Take care.


Michelle "Shelly" said...


The Protein Powder I use most often is made by SEI Pharmaceuticals it's called Max Protein (or Ultimate Protein) Max is a GNC franchise store exclusive name. It comes in Chocolate, Vanilla, Strawberry, Cookies & Cream & Chocolate Mint and is AMAZING! No gnarly taste or smell. Click is a brand name of an Espresso Flavored Protein Powder I use. It comes in Mocha & Vanilla Latte.