Sweet Zucchini Pancakes

What a yummy breakfast I had this morning. I took the savory stuff out of the Zucchini Pancakes I made the other day and added some cinnamon, raisins and other yummy sweet stuff. Soooo good...


Shelly's Sweet Zucchini Pancakes

1 Zucchini, grated
1/2 cup Ricotta Cheese
1/4 cup Multigrain Pancake Mix (I use this)
1 1/2 Tablespoons Sugar Free Torani Syrup (I used SF Vanilla but SF Caramel would be great too)
1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
1 Egg, beaten
1/4 cup Raisins (I used a combo of black and golden)
2 Tablespoons Unsweetened Coconut, toasted
1 tablespoon Canola Oil

Topping: SF Maple Syrup

Combine all ingredients but oil. Heat oil in a nonstick pan. Drop dollops of zucchini mixture into pan and cook in batches. Flatten with a spatula and cook about three minutes each side till golden. Makes 8 or so.

Take the cooked leftovers let them cool and refrigerate. They would make a great dessert warmed up (either in a toaster oven or nuked 30 seconds) and topped with Carrot Cake or Pumpkin Spice Protein Ice Cream or for breakfast again the next day. They are even tasty cold. Shhh... I snuck one.


Highlights of the day:

* Did some experimental cooking today and they all worked out. That's always nice. For those that are wondering YES I have many kitchen disasters some end up turning out even better than what I intended to cook and some ummm... don't. They don't make the blog ;)

* Read some great quotes today by Leo F. Buscaglia thought I'd share a few of my favorites:

"To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing."

"Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy."

"Don't brood. Get on with living and loving. You don't have forever."

"Change is the end result of all true learning."

"What we call the secret of happiness is no more a secret than our willingness to choose life."
Some of these I really need to tattoo to my arm.


Listening to: John Mayer's cover of "Free Fallin" cause it makes me feel good.