Friday, March 15, 2013

St. Patrick's Day Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Menu

Top of the Mornin' to ya! Last weekend, I was almost electrocuted hoping for better luck this weekend. Well, hmmm come to think of it almost electrocuted is pretty darn lucky ;) Hope everyone has the luck of the Irish this weekend.


I have felt lucky every day since having weight loss surgery for my second chance at a healthy life. Here's some of my favorite St. Patrick's Day Weight Loss Surgery friendly foods...

These will be my dinner...

Shelly's Corned Beef & Cabbage Bites

1/2 Yellow Onion, diced
1/2 cup Corned Beef, chopped fine
1/2 cup Cooked Cabbage, chopped fine
5 eggs
1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
a few twists of Black Pepper

Preheat oven to 350. Saute onion till golden. Set aside to cool. When onions are cool mix all ingredients together. Spoon into a lightly greased (Pam works great) mini muffin tin. Bake for 30 minutes at 350. Makes 24. Deli corned beef slices can be used or these are great use for leftover corned beef and cabbage. 



More St. Patty's Day favorites:

Shelly's Nutty Leprechaun Yogurt Dip and Fruit Salad Rainbow
Shelly's Corned Beef Bites (version 1, more Reuben-ish)
Shelly's Pots o' Gold
Shelly's Rainbow 5 Minute Cakes
Shelly's Shamrock Shake


Shelly's Leprechaun Pancakes
Shelly's Mint Chocolate Chip Protein Ice Cream Cakelettes
Shelly's Mini Pistachio Protein Muffins
Shelly's Pesto Deviled Eggs


Shelly's Margarita Mango Fluff Stuff
Shelly's Irish Cream Mochachinno
Shelly's Irish Cream Custard Crumble Cups
Shelly's Turkey Cabbage Casserole


Shelly's Potato-less Potato Pancakes
Shelly's Spinach Crustless Quiche
Shelly's Shepherd's Pie (potato-less)
Shelly's Irish Tortilla Pizza


"May the sun shine all day long, everything go right and nothing wrong. May those you love bring love back to you, and may all the wishes you wish come true!" ~Irish Blessing

post signature

13 comments:

Mary Ann said...

I'm four and a half years into Lap Band surgery... and I found your blog... am getting good ideas from it, and I think you just showed me what we're having Sunday for dinner!
Thanks!

Sandi said...

Hi Shelly
3 yrs out, have been reading your blog for 4 years. Im planning a St Patties Day Dinner for a large group and reading todays blog again makes me sooooo thankful for all your hard work. I have found that you are the best stuff out there. You have given me a very clear understanding of just what it "looks like" or tastes like to keep the weight off. I have run into so many post surgery folk, who have never (for whatever reason) gotten a clear picture of what life after surgery looks like, in a successful way. YOU HAVE BEEN A LIFE LINE FOR ME!
I REALLY FEEL that your blog has put me on that road to sucess, and again, theres nothing out there like this. Just your stuff posted today, is a huge help in giving ideas to stay on track, while still celebrating this holiday.
thank you 100 times over!
sandi

Sheri said...

Shelly, when the dickens are you going to publish a cookbook???????????? I'm so tired of printing off recipes!!! PLEASE!!! Even if you have to self-publish?? Frankly, I'd like to see you on Food Network - if Ree can do it, why not you?!! :)

ann.crow said...

What are you using for Protein powder now? The one you refer to in earlier posts seems to be no longer available?

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Awww thank you guys. Hope you enjoy all you try from the blog.

***

Ann, I use several different brands SEI, Chike, Celebrate, Oh Yeah, Big Train, Matrix but I'm guessing you are referring to SEI Max and that is still available (they just changed container color) Check out SEI Nutrition on Facebook.

Patricia said...

I have to try the pistachio protein muffins, they sound delicious. Thanks for sharing all of the recipes!

Mon said...

Hi Shelly--new follower! I just got banded on Friday 3/15. A couple people recommended your blog and I'm so glad I finally checked it out. What an awesome resource...thank you!!!

Anonymous said...

I finally tried your pumpkin protein muffins and all I can say is yum yum. I am not a baker but you made it very easy to construct these. I am 11 months post op (vsg) and have lost 111 pounds. You make it easy to eat the right foods. Thank you again. Please think about doing a cookbook it would be awesome. Ramona, Broussard, LA

Jamie said...

Hey I saw this awesome article on yahoo today that made me think of you. I was going to email it but couldnt find your email address. Check it out

http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/losing-180-pounds-really-does-body-8212-160-163900419.html

Anonymous said...

Can you give me an idea of how many of "bites" (any kind) a postop should expect to eat at one time? Just curious. How many do YOU eat at this point postop ? Thanks! :)

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Depends on how far out you are... portions are a Dr. and you conversation but I eat 3 or 4 usually... 2 with something like salad. 4 with soup.

Anonymous said...

Shelly, when you say 'bites' do you mean an actual spoonful or forkful of the food? Just wondering as my nutritionist says I should be eating 2 - 3 ounces of protien, then if still hungry 1/2 cup non-starch veg, then if still hungry up to 2 tbl of a starch. I am 1 yr out from RNY, and down 79 lbs. Sometimes I can consume this amount ( which seems like alot to me) and other times I am full after just a little bit. I guess it depends what kind of mood my pouch is in!

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Egg "Bites" are my name for the crustless mini quiches I make. I eat about 2-4 as a serving depending on what I have with it and what protein is in them (cheeseburger bites less than say one made with all veggies.)

I eat between 3/4-1 cup of food depending on what that food. Protein dense things like chicken even less. Always go by what your medical team tells you is the appropriate portion size for you at your stage.

But no LOL Bites are a noun on my blog not a verb.