That's How I Casserole

Cleaned out the veggie bin. A lonely cabbage needed some love...


Shelly's Turkey Cabbage Casserole

3 cups Cooked Cabbage, chopped
3/4 pound Ground Turkey (about 1/2 a package)
1 Yellow Onion, chopped
1 Leek, diced (white and light green parts only)
3 cloves Garlic, diced
1/2 cup Fage Greek Yogurt (I use 2%)
1 can Cream of Celery Soup, undiluted
1/4 teaspoon Seasoning Salt
1/2 teaspoon Dried Oregano
1/2 teaspoon Dried Basil
1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
a few twists of Black Pepper

Cook cabbage until tender. Drain well. Chop and set aside. Saute onions and leek till golden. Add garlic cook 1 minute more. Saute turkey till no longer pink. Drain and set aside. Combine all ingredients. Spread mixture into a Pyrex casserole dish (preferably a killer vintage one. A gift from my cyber-turned-real world pal Shari.) Bake at 350 for 35 minutes or till golden.

Highlights of the Day:

* Got a pedicure. Soooo needed. The digits were looking scary. Sexy toes are back, baby.

* Read a great quote today...

"Happiness will never come to those who fail to appreciate what they already have."

A great reminder to: RECOGNIZE. Hence my highlights of the day. It's all about the little things in life.

* Right now. Winter sun warming my back, hot coffee with a splash of Sugar Free Toasted Marshmallow Syrup, kick ass 80's music, and wifi that lets me enjoy the outdoors while I work.

Listening to: "I go crazy" Flesh for Lulu