Wednesday, January 7, 2009

That's How I Casserole

Cleaned out the veggie bin. A lonely cabbage needed some love...

Shelly's Turkey Cabbage Casserole

3 cups Cooked Cabbage, chopped
3/4 pound Ground Turkey (about 1/2 a package)
1 Yellow Onion, chopped
1 Leek, diced (white and light green parts only)
3 cloves Garlic, diced
1/2 cup Fage Greek Yogurt (I use 2%)
1 can Cream of Celery Soup, undiluted
1/4 teaspoon Seasoning Salt
1/2 teaspoon Dried Oregano
1/2 teaspoon Dried Basil
1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
a few twists of Black Pepper

Cook cabbage until tender. Drain well. Chop and set aside. Saute onions and leek till golden. Add garlic cook 1 minute more. Saute turkey till no longer pink. Drain and set aside. Combine all ingredients. Spread mixture into a Pyrex casserole dish (preferably a killer vintage one. A gift from my cyber-turned-real world pal Shari.) Bake at 350 for 35 minutes or till golden.

Highlights of the Day:

* Got a pedicure. Soooo needed. The digits were looking scary. Sexy toes are back, baby.

* Read a great quote today...

"Happiness will never come to those who fail to appreciate what they already have."

A great reminder to: RECOGNIZE. Hence my highlights of the day. It's all about the little things in life.

* Right now. Winter sun warming my back, hot coffee with a splash of Sugar Free Toasted Marshmallow Syrup, kick ass 80's music, and wifi that lets me enjoy the outdoors while I work.

Listening to: "I go crazy" Flesh for Lulu


Deb said...

I love your headline- my husband and i were dying laughing. You crack me up girl! I am addicted to your far this week I have made the apple crumb oats thing - delish....the chicken onion cheese soupy thing- added lentils to it- it was sooo good the first day then the next i got sick from it? Weird- but it happens to me alot. I think it was the onions. I have a Peppermint Click shake every day before I work out and it has changed my life! This weekend I am going to make those mini meatloafs with the mozz balls- looks soooo good. When are you going to publish a cook book so we can all buy it andreward you for all you do for us???
Have a great day!
Deb in Boston
ps come to Boston for one of those events please!!!!

ladyravenfyr said...

Hi Michelle! A friend sent me the link to your blog and I've spent the last three days reading from the very first post. Can I just say a huge "THANK YOU". I am three-months out, lost 52 pounds before surgery (RNY) and have lost 41 since. I'm about 20-25 pounds from my goal. I've been eating plain and I'm completely burned out on tuna with FF mayo and cottage cheese. You have given me hope and an enthusiasm for food again. I truly thought my days of enjoying food were gone forever. I'm going to hit our local FM on Saturday and see what's out there and then reintroduce myself to my kitchen. I also just joined OH. Again, thank you for being such an inspiration. I'll let you know how it goes.
in Oakland

Theresa said...

Very good! I didn't have leeks on hand so I substituted green onions.