Monday, May 23, 2011

Pistachio Pancake Morning

Good Morning! Any morning that starts with pancakes is a Good Morning. My breakfast protein packed, low carb pancakes.

Shelly's Ricotta Cheese Pistachio Pancakes

1/2 cup Ricotta Cheese (I used whole milk ricotta)
1 Egg
3 Tablespoons Multigrain Pancake Mix
1 Tablespoon Sugar Free Pistachio Pudding Mix, dry
Optional: Sugar Free Maple Syrup nuked

Whiz in mini food processor. Spray pan with non-stick spray. Cook on low till golden, flip, pat flat a bit. Cook till done. Nuke SF Maple Syrup for 25 seconds. Serve each pancake with a drizzle of warmed syrup. Makes 8 silver dollar size or 6 bigger ones, like those pictured.

Warm SF Jam (Mmmmm maybe apricot on these pistachio pancakes for a Middle Eastern vibe) or defrosted, frozen fruit would be yummy on top too or for dessert... a dollop of Pistachio Protein Ice Cream. Nom nom nom.

These are so soft and tender for newer post-ops.

More Eggface pancake and crepe recipes.

post signature


Denise said...

Can't wait to try these. Pistachio was the flavor of my very first Max Protein shake ever--using your recipe! So pistachio holds a special place in my heart.

Pouch Party said...

Shelly, I still make your pistachio banana shake very often. It's one of my favorites. Thanks for all the great ideas you give us. You rock!

Mary Griffith said...
Hi!!! I would like to enter to win the prize!! I also did share on my fb!
My e-mail is

Kanga said...

I made these today ... they weren't as pretty as yours because I only had Bob's Red Mill whole grain Buckwheat pancake mix. They were tasty, though! Thank you for your recipes!