Saturday, October 10, 2009

A day in my pouch

This is what I ate yesterday...

Breakfast: Shelly's Sweet Zucchini Pancakes with SF Maple Syrup. I made a batch last weekend and froze them between slices of wax paper in a Tupperware. They make a super quick breakfast mid week. Just pull a few out into the fridge to defrost and heat (or not they are surprisingly yummy cold too)

Lunch: My super cool bento with yummy leftover stir fry...

Blue Box (top left): Steamed Edamame
Orange Box (top right): Shelly's Lime Green Margarita 5 Minute Cake
Pink Box (bottom left): Leftover Shelly's Quick Sesame Beef Stir Fry
Green Box (bottom right): Shelly's Lime Flavored Yogurt

Shelly's Lime Flavored Yogurt

3 1/2 oz. Fage Greek Yogurt (1/2 a container. I use 2%, they have 0% too)
1 Tablespoon or so of ANY flavor Sugar Free Torani Syrup (this time I used SF Lime)
1 teaspoon Sugar Free Lime Jello, dry

Mix till combined. Sometimes I sprinkle some cereal or granola on top for a little crunch. You can top with fresh or defrosted frozen fruit (Lime & Pineapple is yummy). If you want fruity chunky yogurt drop everything plus some frozen or fresh fruit in a mini food processor and whiz till smooth. This makes a GREAT dip for sliced apples too.

Dinner: Mmmm Yummy Chicken Rollatinis (this is Rollatini version 4 - other versions) served with with Green Beans.

Shelly's Cowboy Chicken Rollatinis

2 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts, sliced into 3-4 pieces each and pounded flat
4 slices of Bacon, cut in half & cooked till bendy not crispy
1/4 cup BBQ Sauce
1 Red Onion, sliced
2-3 cloves Garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
a few twists of Black Pepper
3-4 Slices of Swiss Cheese
a Tablespoon or so of Olive Oil for sauteing

Pound chicken breast pieces flat between plastic wrap. Place 1/2 slice of cooked bacon on the end of each pounded chicken breast and roll-up. Heat a little olive oil in a shallow non-stick fry pan. Place seam side down in hot pan. Saute 5 minutes on one side, flip and saute 3 minutes on other side. Remove from pan and place rollatinis in a Pyrex casserole dish.

Brush a little BBQ sauce on each rollatini.

Saute red onion till golden. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic cook 1 more minute. Pour over rollatinis.

Place cheese on top.

Bake for 30 minutes in a 350 oven.

Snacks: Banana Protein Mochacchino (Starbuck's Banana Vivanno Knock-off), an Antipasto Skewer and waaaay to many of those K-cups of coffee. Loving those.

Highlights of the Day:

* It was payday in my world. Highlight. Of course that also meant it was bill paying day so yeah I'm broke again. Not a highlight.

* Speaking of green paper... $145 million dollar California Lottery stakes. I played. Soooo until I check my numbers and find out I'm one of thousands of other losers the potential of my beach house and philanthropic life is still alive.

* Remembered it's Rod Run weekend in my town. Ogled by hot guys who drive cool cars. Oh yeah. Nice for the ego once and awhile. No Farmer's Market though :( gonna have to hit another town's market this week.

Listening to: Glee music. I know I'm a goober.


Miss Soul said...

I love when you do the "A Day in my Pouch" blogs. It can be hard to imagine what we'll be able to eat after wls. Or I should say what we would be able to fit. It also gives me an idea of what I should be eating even now in the approval stage. I'm doing well too...thanks for sharing with us.

T2Nashville said...

There is NOTHING gooberish about listening to Glee music! It's one of my favorite TV shows right now. Those kids are talented, and they're singing my kind of music!

Takisha Coley said...

You just don't know how much this website has helped me....I thought that wls patients had to have a bland diet for the rest of their lives. You proved me wrong. Thank you. I am telling everyone I know who have had wls about your website. We needed this!

Sara said...

Oh my goodness! I am having your cowboy chicken rolitinies (sp?) right now and I am in HEAVEN!

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful recipes with the world!

Anonymous said...

Oh Shelly, these are to die for! You are a culinary genius!