Sunday, December 16, 2012

Sandy Hook - Something we can do

I felt depressed and powerless watching the tragic events in Connecticut and then I thought what if each of us donated a toy or a coat or groceries (whatever we could) in the name of one of the victims who lost their lives.


I hope you'll join me in countering the evil with some good.

Places to start:

Feeding America (Food Bank Locator)
Toys for Tots
One Warm Coat

UPDATE: Here's my donation that's headed to our local food bank, clothing and toy drive in the name of one of the victims of the CT shooting. It's just a small gesture but this was something in my power to do.


post signature

3 comments:

Deb said...

What a wonderful idea. Nothing good can come out of something this bad. However we can all do something in memory of those little children and there teachers.

Tara from MI said...

Leave it to you...... Bless your kind heart Michelle. There was a boy named Noah who passed. We are donating today in his name ( also my sons name). Then each day we will donate in the anme of another.
My ten year old ( autistic son) is very very aware of this and wants to help; thank you Michelle for the idea.

Holly from 300 Pounds Down said...

I love this idea! What a wonderful way to do something positive. Thanks so much for sharing this!! This is at least something people can do that brings some good out of something so evil. Thanks for posting this!