A day in my pouch

My day in post weight loss surgery eating. This was actually Friday. Saturday I ran out the door pretty earlier to meet some fellow Weight Loss Surgery pals at the Farmer's Market and didn't eat breakfast. My Saturday eating was not up to snuff... Breakfast: Sugar Free Vanilla Soy Latte, samples at the market: a 1" sample of Tamale, a carrot stick with some dip, a clove of pickled garlic. Lunch: 1 oz. or so of Beef Jerky. I got home late from hanging out and doing a ton of errands so for Dinner: I ate some of these leftover pancake bites with a bowl of soup. That my friends, I call the "crap grab", which happens on a day without a plan. Friday was a much better eating day because I had a plan...

Breakfast: I've made a few versions of these plain Sausage, Bacon (featured on Babble.com), a few different Fruit versions. These are perfect for the season. Pumpkin and sausage are classic together. I ate a few with a little Sugar Free Maple Syrup but they are great for lunch with soup or salad. Keep for several days in the fridge I like to heat them up in the toaster oven but they can be nuked too.


Shelly's Pumpkin Sausage Pancake Bites

1/2 cup Multigrain Pancake Mix, dry
1/3 cup Soy Milk (any milk would do)
1/4 cup Torani Sugar Free Pumpkin Syrup
2 Tablespoons Pumpkin Puree (not pie filling)
1/3 cup Cooked Sausage Crumbles

Mix pancake mix, milk, syrup and pumpkin together till thoroughly combined. Pour batter into a 12 cup mini muffin tin that has been sprayed with Pam. Fill about 3/4 way up.


Top each muffin with a few sausage crumbles. Bake at 350 for 12-14 minutes or until golden.


Lunch: Turkey Cold Cut Roll-up, Tomato Basil Cheesestick, Honeycrisp Apple with Almond Yogurt Dip.


Shelly's Almond Yogurt Dip

3 oz. Greek Yogurt (I used plain, 2%)
1 Tablespoon Sugar Free Torani Syrup (I used SF Almond)
a few toasted Almonds sprinkled on top

Great as is, made into a breakfast parfait, or as a dip for apples, bananas, strawberries.

Dinner: Salmon Packet. The super quick prep and clean-up foil packet dinners I toss on the BBQ.


This one was Asian-style: A piece of frozen or fresh Salmon with Bean Sprouts, Zucchini, Green Onion, 2 Tablespoons of a storebought Soy Ginger Marinade/Dressing, a few twists of Black Pepper. Wrap tightly in foil. Toss on covered BBQ 25 minutes for frozen, 15 minutes for fresh. They come out perfect every time...


Snacks: Too much coffee and a taste test of a new to me protein shake I mixed up in my blender bottle and took on my walk. Will review one of these days.


All was right with the world again with a meal plan in place. A tasty, protein packed, balanced day. I highly recommend thinking about what you eat and what your day looks like before you eat it versus as you are eating or after.

post signature