Friday, December 10, 2010

Bacon Pancake Bites

The other morning I made a batch of Sausage Pancake Bites that were soooo good. Of course I had to try them with bacon! Verdict: the breakfast meat war continues... I loved them both!


Shelly's Bacon Pancake Bites

1/2 cup Multigrain Pancake Mix, dry
1/3 cup Soy Milk (any milk would do)
1/4 cup Torani Sugar Free Caramel Syrup
2 slices Cooked Bacon

Mix pancake mix, milk, syrup together till thoroughly combined. Pour batter into a 12 cup mini muffin tin that has been sprayed with Pam. Fill about 3/4 way up.

Top each muffin with a few snips (kitchen shears work great for this) of bacon. Make bacon the day before for breakfast and save two pieces back or you could use a couple of those pre-cooked slices (Oscar Mayer or Hormel makes them) or real bacon bits would work too. Bake at 350 for 12-14 minutes or until golden. Serve with SF Maple syrup for dipping.

post signature

10 comments:

Crystal said...

ohhhh those look YUMMY. And I was just craving pancakes and sausage the other day.

Michelle "Shelly" said...

@Crystal Try the version I made the other morning...

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2010/12/sausage-pancake-bites.html

:)

materialgirl522 said...

I can't wait until I get to this stage, these look so yummy. I went Christmas shopping last night and I think I over did it a bit, had to take some pain meds, this was like the 3rd or 4th time since coming home from the hospital.

Anonymous said...

First time commenting. These look great! I will have to try these. Thanks Michelle!

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Materialgirl, Hope the healing is progressing well. Take it easy... I did the same thing... went on a horse drawn carriage ride on cobblestone streets on day 5... probably not the wisest decision. LOL ;)

***

Hope you guys enjoy them!

Jennifer said...

Just made these! Instead of adding the sausage crumbles, I added a slice of banana to each. Really yummy!

lawlibrn said...

The stuff in the DD commercials doesn't look nearly this good, and you made them with BACON! Can't wait to try both. Thanks for the recipes.

Anne H said...

I want to eat that like, right now!

Vicky C. said...

Just found this site! Had my RNY surgery 4/30/2013! Have to say this recipe looks amazing, but does it freeze well? I am cooking food for my freezer so I always have something available.

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Hmmm I don't think I would freeze them... maybe make the batter the night before & refrigerate to save time. Precook the bacon or buy precooked that'll save time too.