Breakfast parfaits are a quick and simple, high protein post weight loss surgery friendly breakfast. I make a few at a time in plastic cups, I cover them in plastic wrap which makes it easy on the mornings I am rushed I can just grab one out of the fridge and take off - don't forget your spoon!
Meal planning and simple preparations like this help to set myself up for success, with super yummy food easy for me to grab why would you ever want to hit a drive thru or bakery case. They also make a great snack, dessert or dinner on nights you just don't want to cook.
What you need:
The Protein: Greek Yogurt, Cottage Cheese, Ricotta Cheese
The Sweet: Fresh or Frozen Fruit, Apple Sauce, Canned in Juice Fruit
Something Fun and/or Crunchy: Nuts, Unsweetened Toasted Coconut, Granola, SF Chocolate Chips, Ground Flax, Wheat Germ, Pumpkin or Sunflower Seeds, Cereal, crumbled Protein Bar, a drizzle of SF Maple Syrup, SF Caramel Sauce, etc.
Other Stuff: Sugar Free Torani Syrups or SF Pudding Mix to change up flavors (I use about 1 Tablespoon of SF Torani Syrup to flavor 3 1/2 to 4 oz. of Greek Yogurt or Ricotta), you can add a few T's of Protein Powder to the yogurt or ricotta to make it pack even more of a protein punch, Plastic Cups, Plastic Wrap & Spoons
1. Frozen, defrosted Strawberries, SF Strawberry Torani sweetened Greek Yogurt, topped with Sliced Almonds
2. Fresh Mango, SF Coconut Torani sweetened Greek Yogurt, topped with Unsweetened, Toasted Coconut
3. Fresh Banana slices, SF Caramel Torani sweetened Greek Yogurt, topped with Walnuts and a drizzle of SF Caramel Sauce
4. Frozen, defrosted Cherries, SF Black Cherry Torani sweetened Greek Yogurt, topped with a few SF Chocolate Chips
5. Canned Pumpkin blended into SF Caramel Torani sweetened Greek Yogurt, topped with Ground Flax and Toasted Pumpkin Seeds
The combinations are endless.