Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Morning

Christmas morning breakfast. A fruity version of my Sausage or Bacon Pancake Bites...

Shelly's Fruity Pancake Bites

1/2 cup Multigrain Pancake Mix, dry
1/3 cup Soy Milk (any milk would do)
1/4 cup Torani Sugar Free Caramel Syrup
Assorted Fruit (I used chopped banana, apple, and frozen blueberries)

Mix pancake mix, milk, syrup together till thoroughly combined. Pour batter into a non-stick 12 cup mini muffin tin that has been sprayed with Pam. Fill about 3/4 way up.

Top each muffin with some fruit (chopped banana, frozen or fresh blueberries, chopped apple, cherries, etc.) Make all one flavor or a combo of fruits. If you set the ingredients out family members and whippersnappers can make their own.

Bake at 350 for 12-14 minutes or until golden. Serve with Shelly's Super Special Syrup for dipping.

Shelly's Super Special Syrup

2 Tablespoons Sugar Free Maple Syrup mixed with 1 teaspoon Sugar Free Torani syrup. Any flavor Torani syrup will work. I used SF Raspberry today. Tastes like a jelly donut. The variety pack would be a fun way to experiment.

These can also be made the night before and reheated, makes life easy in the AM if you have a house full of overnight guests or whippersnappers that can't wait to get to the present opening. I prefer them reheated in a toaster oven, they get crunchy versus a microwave but you can do that too.

Mum & I ~ Christmas Morning 2010

Merry Christmas Everyone! Hope your day is lovely.

post signature

P.S. If you haven't already entered the The World According to Eggface Ho Ho Bento Giveaway you've got one more day! Click here for the 411.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Shelly, I hope you and yours have a wonderful day! :)
-Flo

Emily said...

You look FANTASTIC, girl! Merry Christmas!

Karen Butler Ogle said...

These look yummy, Shelly but I have to be honest. Fruit is one of those things that causes carb cravings for me. I try to get my fruit in small doses only in something like Greek Yogurt. I think my family would adore these though so I will probably give them a try. Merry Christmas!

azurepenguin said...

Shelly, your original sausage version of the pancake bites, along with some scrambled eggs, was Christmas breakfast for Hubby and kids this year. You weren't kidding when you said they taste like the McDonald's McGriddle. Thank you so much! I hope you have a wonderful holiday and a happy new year.

LuLu Kellogg said...

Hi Shelly and Happy Holidays!

I am a new follower of your Blog and I am almost two weeks post op and i am getting so excited about all these wonderful recipes you are sharing. What a blessing it was that I fould your Blog!

LuLu Kellogg

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Merry Christmas Shelly Sweetie...
My good friend LuLu sent me. She said I would love your blog, and I am Country Wings in Phoenix, your newest follower. I have read through some of your recipes, and oh how wonderful they sound. I am going to be writing some down for future use.

Being an insulin diabetic and starting to diet now after much frustration, I am always looking for new recipes. It has been an uphill battle for the last several years, and 3 months ago when I got upped to 5 shots a day, that was it. I have made it through Halloween, Thanksgiving and now Christmas, so I think Valentines Day will be a breeze.

Thank you for the wonderful shares. Look at your before and after are just the inspiration I needed to keep on keeping on.

Please stop by and say hi. I would love to have you visit and be honored to have you sign up to follow as well. I love meeting new friends, and you are just magical.

Thank you sweet friend. Many hugs to you, and Happy New Year, Sherry

Anonymous said...

Hi Shelly,

Can you use SF vanilla or do you strictly recommend using the sf caramel?

Thanks,
Michelle

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Thank you guys. Hope your holidays were merry and 2011 is your best year yet.

@Michelle I tried both and preferred SF Caramel. It brought out the maple-y flavor more if that makes sense... the SF Vanilla was just sweet. Tasty too but not as tasty.

Meli said...

i just made these! they're great! i made 6 of them with blueberries and the other 6 with sugar free chocolate chips and toasted pecans. YUMMO! these are super easy and tiny and great!

LuLu Kellogg said...

I made these this morning and they were wonderful! Thank you so much for the recipe.

lavendergrrrl said...

Oh my goodness Shelly! These are yummy. Thank you very much for sharing your recipes with all of us. I made a pan of mostly sausage pancake bites, but put blue berries in three of them... They were a big hit at my house. You rock!