A day in my pouch

Today in my post weight loss surgery eating...

Breakfast: A dollop of Greek Yogurt (sweetened with Sugar Free Caramel Torani Syrup), 1/4 of a sliced banana, and a sprinkle of toasted almonds.

Weight Loss Breakfast Healthy

Lunch: My bento box, the patio and wifi.

Lunchbox Weight Loss Bentos

Pink Box (top left): Shelly's Chickpea Deviled Eggs (made into a salad)
Green Box (top right): Cucumber slices (my crackers)
Blue Box (bottom left): Strawberries, Blueberries & Cherries with a squirt of homemade No Sugar Added Strawberry Whipped Cream (recipe below)
Orange Box (bottom right): Mixed Nuts and Cruncha Ma-Me
Along side: Lipton Tea & Honey Lemon Flavored Ice Tea Packet (you add them to a water bottle, 20 cals)

It was muggy and I ended up coming in pretty quick. Then I saw that the winner of the Eggface Summer Sample Giveaway had emailed her mailing info and I decided to get the package off to her today. So I took off to run some errands and drop the package at the post office.

Dinner: It finally cooled down and I decided to BBQ some of the zucchini I bought at the Farmer's Market this weekend. It was smaller than I remembered so I cut it into medallions/rounds, a swipe of olive oil and a sprinkle of Greek seasoning (blend found in the spice aisle.)


I tossed the cooked zucchini rounds with drained, marinated mozzarella balls (halved) and halved cherry tomatoes (also from the market.) It was delicious! Will definitely make this again. It was a perfect Meatless Monday meal and I think it was quite pretty with the green, white and red, like the Italian flag. We ate it as is but it would be a great side with grilled chicken or shrimp.

Caprese Grilled Zucchini

Snacks: It was super hot and muggy here. When I came home from running all my errands I made this ode to Team USA Protein Shake to cool off. Are you watching the Olympics? I hate that they are so delayed. I see the results on twitter and it kills the excitement.

Shelly's Go Team USA Protein Shake

8 oz. Milk (any kind)
1 packet of Celebrate Vitamins Vanilla Cake Batter ENS
2 Strawberries
10 or so Blueberries
2 Tablespoons Sugar Free Strawberry Torani Syrup
a few Ice cubes

Whiz in blender till smooth. Top with optional squirt of homemade Sugar Free Strawberry Whipped Cream.

Shelly's Homemade No Sugar Added Strawberry Whipped Cream

1 cup Whipping Cream
1 Tablespoon Sugar Free Strawberry Torani Syrup (any flavor will do)

Whisk till well combined. Fill whipping cream to the fill line of the whipper. Screw on the top. Insert the CO2 cartridge till it empties, unscrew that. Put the nozzle on, shake a few times and squirt away. It makes a ton, store it in the fridge for up to 10 days just give it another few shakes before squirting. Soooo good.

Oh I promised I would share the people pics when I got a hold of them from my brother's visit. Here's my favorite. My bro, my Mum and me.


Well I better get to bed. Off to LA in the AM for the taping of The Ricki Lake Show (what have I gotten myself into) if you follow me on twitter I'll be tweeting a little, well as much as I can. I am sworn to secrecy about show deets and all that till after the airing sometime in September.

post signature