Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Good Morning Pancakes

Any morning that starts with pancakes is a good one...

Shelly's Ricottage Pancakes with Super Special Syrup

1/4 cup Ricotta Cheese (I used whole milk ricotta)
1/4 cup Cottage Cheese (I used pre-mixed Pineapple Cottage Cheese)
1 Egg
3 Tablespoons Multigrain Pancake Mix (I use this)
1 Tablespoon Sugar Free Lemon Pudding Mix, dry
1 Tablespoon Unsweetened Coconut, toasted

Whiz all ingredients in mini food processor. FYI for those who don't dig coconut the toasted coconut in the recipe is is not detected, it's merely for texture, almond flour could be subbed.

Spray pan with non-stick spray. Cook on low till golden, flip, pat flat, cook till done. Nuke Shelly's Super Special Syrup for 25 seconds so it drizzles well. Serve each pancake with a drizzle of warm syrup. Makes 4 small pancakes or 8 silver dollar size.

These can be frozen between slices of wax paper or kept in the fridge a day or 2 and reheated (nuke 25 seconds) for breakfast during the week. Surprising good cold (lazy mornings).

Shelly's Super Special Syrup

2 Tablespoons Sugar Free Maple Syrup mixed with 1 teaspoon Sugar Free Torani syrup. Any flavor Torani (or any other brand) syrup will work. I used SF Raspberry today. Mmmm tastes like a jelly donut. The variety pack would be a fun way to experiment.

A few other Eggface Good Mornings

Shelly's Strawberry Banana Breakfast Parfait
Shelly's Bites
Shelly's Caramel Apple Oatmeal
Shelly's Cherry Nut Mini Protein Muffins
Shelly's Heart Shaped Baked Egg Cups
Shelly's Banana Walnut Oatmeal
Shelly's Breakfast Tostada
Shelly's Black Cherry Greek Yogurt
Shelly's Chocolate Protein Waffles
Shelly's Conshohocken Scramble
Shelly's Crepes
Shelly's Café Biscotti Protein Shake
Shelly's Apple Raisin Protein Souffle


Jan said...

These look delicious. I'm thinking a few pieces of chopped fruit in the batter would be nice too.

battynurse said...

Sounds yummy.

Sheri said...

Shelly, I'm getting closer to my VSG date, and am wondering if you have a shopping list?? I've been trying to build one from your yummy recipes!! Thanks for the link to the Torani syrup sample pack! :)

Jessica said...

Hi Shelly,

Could you substitute the lemon pudding mix for vanilla pudding mix by any chance? Just wondering why you chose lemon.

By the way I LOVE this site, thank you for all of your awesome recipes.

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Yum Jan. Just be careful of moisture. They are more tender than regular pancakes. Maybe a compote on top.


Hope you enjoy Batty


Hi Sheri, Best wishes on your upcoming surgery. Sending you good vibes for speedy healing. You know I was working on one awhile back I will have a look-see what I did with it and post.


Jessica, Sure thing. Any pudding flavor would do. I had a open lemon ;)

pancake recipes said...

"Any morning that starts with pancakes is a good one..." I hope my hubby and my four kids thinks so, too! lol! Because pancake is part of our morning rituals. I have literally cooked thousands of pancakes already, lol! Well, at least I'm sure I'm having a good morning every time I see my adoring husband and 4 hyperactive kids all huddle up in the kitchen counter munching on my pancakes! :)

Dottie said...

I think accurately joined the twitter twibe yesterday but I'm not sure?? Can you see if I did? dottiemay is my username. By the way - you have lots of good stuff here. I'm glad to have found it.

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Hi Dottie, Thank you.

Click on most recent to see if your user name appears and/or your twitter @ messages I try and greet each new member you should have gotten that.

Anonymous said...

I'm a newbie in the WLS journey. My surgery was three weeks ago. I am thrilled to have found your blog and the recipes! Thank you so much for sharing them with us!


melekler korusun final said...

woww very nice thank you

Jen~The Light Keeper said...

Sounds DELICIOUS! Will def have to give this a try because I miss not being able to have pancakes once in a blue moon since my RNY surg.

JivinJamie said...

I was wondering how many pancakes do you consider a serving? I am 2 yrs post RNY. I want to eat lots of them when I make them, lol.

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Hope you guys enjoy them!



I eat 2 usually (sometimes 3 if they are small) but obviously portion size will vary on how far out you are. The portion pictured was what I ate that day.

Susan said...

I changes the recipe up some. I used a few TBS of the dry PB2 instead of the pudding and no coconut! It was awesome with some heated SF jelly on top!

kl said...

Once again I love your recipes! Although I did modify this one in order to use up the pumpkin puree from yesterdays recipes.

But oh so yummy! Thank you so much for doing this blog! These recipes are outstanding and although I am not a gastric bypass person I am losing weight using your recipes and my friends are enjoying to new found recipes as well.

kreationzbyzabrina said...

I am not a fan of cottage cheese, do you really need to add it? Can something be made in its place?

Michelle "Shelly" said...

You can use all ricotta cheese but you don't taste cottage cheese.

See this recipe:

Kathy I said...

Has anyone calculated the grams of protein in a serving of 2 pancakes? I am diligently counting my protein. I am 5 weeks post surgery, gastric sleeve, and I am so glad to have found this website!

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Hey Kathy,

I don't put the nutritional info on my recipes because frankly that can vary so widely. I use full fat cheeses (the good stuff) others may use low fat or (horror) non fat, the % fat on beef, differences in packaged products, brands of protein, etc. will change the info dramatically. Also serving size will vary depending how far from surgery you are.

What I do when I need to find the nutrition info (on my recipes or any other) is go to a site like (nutritiondata, sparkpeople, etc.) type in each individual ingredient, this will give you cals, carbs, fats, protein gram totals, then divide those totals by the # of servings you get from the dish. It's not exact but it's close enough for me.

Hope this helps.

Sarah Royce said...

Any idea if you can replace the multi grain pancake mix with a low carb mix?

Michelle "Shelly" said...

I use Arrowhead Mills usually (taste and stats are my fav) but any pancake mix would work.