Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Espresso Yourself

I used to make these for breakfast all the time. I was on a kick for awhile. I forgot how yummy they are and super soft for those starting out. If you love bread pudding you will FLIP over these. Very bread pudding-ish. Don't let the word souffle scare you off making them. They are super easy to make. I prefer them cold so make a batch at night, put them in the fridge and have breakfast for a few days.

I used the new flavor of Click Espresso Protein for this version.

Shelly's Espresso Protein Souffle

1/4 cup Chopped Nuts (I used a combo of Pecans & Walnuts)
2 eggs
1 Banana
1 cup Vanilla Soy Milk
1/4 cup Sugar Free Torani Syrup (I used SF Caramel)
3 Tablespoons Multigrain Pancake Mix, dry (I use this)
2 scoops Click Espresso Protein (I used the new Vanilla Latte flavor)
1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
dash Nutmeg

Topping: Sugar Free Whipped Cream (I use Land o Lakes) and Sugar Free Caramel Topping (I use Smucker's)

Sprinkle nuts into bottom of each ramekin. Mix all remaining ingredients in a blender till smooth. Pour mixture into ramekins or custard cups. Here's what I use. If you don't have a groovy set up like this. Just place the ramekins in a large roasting pan. Place pan on oven rack and pour enough very hot water to come halfway up sides of ramekins.

Bake at 350 for 50 minutes or until set, knife inserted comes out clean.

You can serve them warm but I prefer them cold from the fridge. With a squirt of SF Whipped Cream and SF Caramel Topping. You can also top them with warm Sugar Free Vanilla Custard.

Other Eggface Protein Souffle flavors:

Chocolate Banana
Banana Caramel Nut


Contest update: You guys rock! Thank you for continuing to vote.

I had to giggle yesterday morning. The web site where you can vote http://www.progressosoup.com/souperyou/ was down for a bit. I emailed them to let them know. This is the email response I received: "high traffic to the site caused the problem" LOL It was you!!! THANKS GUYS!!!

The top 3 winners will get to go to NYC. You can vote everyday till April 12th. For those of you who haven't seen pics of me I'm the gal in one leg of my old pants.... size 28's. The prize is a makeover. I'm so excited to see what they would do with this crazy curly mop of hair I have. I'll have to explain the little stubbier section from the losing hair post weight loss surgery. For those going through that horrid part of this journey have no fear it stops (for me it was month 4-6) but it's still a little short in areas. If I end up getting to go I will picture and share it all on the blog. Thanks again for your support.


Cathy said...

You are totally rocking that contest and will have so much fun on your trip! Where do you find the sugar free whipped cream? I've checked several local stores and chains with no luck.

Di said...

You are smokin' the competition....you go girl!

I am so glad you posted the souffle today for two reasons; 1. I am enjoying my new Click and this way I can enjoy it in more ways and 2. I need something yummy and delicious (AND healthy) to start my days. I am SO not a breakfast eater and on work days I really do need the added boost.

Thanks again...you rock!

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Thanks guys!! My fingers & toes are crossed. Not eyes or I start to type like ahlahdfalhfs <--- this LOL

Cathy, I get Land O Lakes Sugar Free Whipped Cream at Albertson's (a chain of supermarkets in Southern California) maybe email them and see if they can locate a store near you.

Here's what the bottle looks like:



Denise B. said...

Do you think this would still come out well without the banana or is that a major component of it?

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Banana = major structure component but not the key flavor... you really can't tell it's in there taste-wise (I'm gathering you don't like bananas) all you taste is espresso yumminess.

leendadll said...

thanks for continuing to post the link. the more you post it, the more i click it.

btw: how'd you fare i the quake? i thought of you right after i heard the location.

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Thank you for asking. We were OK in the quake... it was pretty intense shaking, lasted much longer than I've felt in the past. Got the heart pumping that day, no cardio necessary. Kitchen cabinets opened but thankfully nothing came out.


JaimeK said...

Hey if we cannot take the time to vote for one of our own...well, what would be the point? You are awesome!


Saralynn said...

It is my pleasure to vote for you! You deserve this vacay with all that you do for all of us that love your blog! I couldn't have made it 20 months post surgery without you! I'm having a tummy tuck this June. Any inside tips on what to expect?

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Thank you!

Saralynn, Plastics were way harder (and more painful) then plastics so be physically and mentally prepared. Up the protein and water and be mentally ready for it not to look awesome at first... the swelling take months to go completely down and so you won't really see the true results for awhile but after the swelling is all gone you will be soooo glad you did it.

Connie said...

Oh, Honey, you're going if I have anything to say about it! I'm voting every single day on both my computer and my mom's!


Anonymous said...

HI there...do you have the nutritional breakdown of this??


Michelle "Shelly" said...


What I do when I need to find the nut info is go to fitday.com type in each individual ingredient, that will give you total cals, carbs, fat, & protein and then divide by the # of servings you get. I do not put nut values on my recipes because... nutrition facts can vary so widely... on my plan I use full fat cheese, full fat mayo, butter, olive oil, others may use low fat cheese or horrors that non fat toxic waste, what percentage % fat of beef or turkey, brand of protein, type of milk, etc. Plus serving size can vary what I eat as a 3+ year post-op is a very different amount than a 3 month, 6 month, or 4 year post-op. The numbers would swing like a pendulum.

I understand sparkpeople and some other sites will give you nut info too but I've not used them.

Hope this helps,

Amy Marie said...

hey shelly,
Hi. I live in the same town as you, and I was wondering if you know where to get the arrowhead pancake mix to buy in the store? The amazon deal is a good one, but I'm a single girl that will have no clue what to do with all that mix...

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Hi Amy, In T-town you can find it at Henry's (Winchester), Baron's (Rancho Cal) or Sprouts (Margarita)

Pam said...

Looks great! You have a very nice blog!

Anonymous said...

Continue to vote daily - hoping you win - so far it looks good :-) Thanks again for all the inspiration - tried on a bikini yesterday and was pleasantly surprised - LOL!

@Cathy - I found the Sugar Free Land O Lakes whipped cream at Walmart. Good luck.

Regards, Holly

Anonymous said...

The funny thing is that I have the strawberry banana version of the souffle baking in the oven as I type. Good stuff, Shelly! I'm 10 months out and have lost 110 lbs. I never cooked much before surgery and so, your blog has helped me beyond belief. "Souper" just doesn't even begin to describe what a blessing you've been in my life. =)

Felice said...

You go girl. I will continue to vote for you!

Amy Marie said...

thanks shelly for the info~ and congrats on your make over! I love love NYC my best friend lives there!!! can't wait for pictures!