Sunday, September 21, 2008

Pumpkin Recipes: Pumpkin Protein Souffle

Sugarfree Sugar Free Weight Loss Surgery Breakfast Dessert Pumpkin Recipes
Shelly's Pumpkin Protein Souffle

2 Tablespoons Raisins/Dried Cranberries
2 Tablespoons Walnuts
2 eggs
1 cup Vanilla Soy Milk
1/2 cup Unsweetened Coconut, toasted
3 Tablespoons Sugar Free Torani Syrup (I used SF Vanilla)
3 Tablespoons Multigrain Pancake Mix, dry
1 scoop Vanilla Protein Powder
1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 cup canned Pumpkin Puree, not pie filling
1/4 teaspoon (+ a dash for tops) Nutmeg
dash Cinnamon

Topping: Sugar Free Maple Syrup and Sugar Free Whipped Cream

Sprinkle fruit and nuts into bottom of each ramekin. Mix all remaining ingredients in a blender till smooth. Pour mixture into 4/4-oz ramekins or custard cups. Here's what I use.

Breakfast Dessert Sugar Free Bariatric Surgery Weight Loss Diabetes Low Carb
If you don't have a groovy set up like this. Just place the ramekins in a large roasting pan. Place pan on oven rack and pour enough very hot water to come halfway up sides of ramekins. Sprinkle top of each souffle with additional nutmeg. Bake at 350 for 1 hour or until set, knife inserted comes out clean.

Weight Loss Surgery Bariatric VSG WLS RNY Gastric Bypass Sleeve Recipes Cooking Menus Food
Weight Loss Surgery Bariatric VSG WLS RNY Gastric Bypass Sleeve Recipes Cooking Menus Food
Let sit 5 minutes in water bath. Remove from bath. Serve chilled with SF maple syrup and SF whipped cream on top.

This would be so perfect for Halloween or Thanksgiving morning. Maybe a Fall Brunch with some Chicken Apple Sausage or Maple Bacon, some Mixed Berries or a Berry Smoothie.

Highlights of the weekend:

* Hung out with my friend Jeremy on Friday. I don't think I mentioned this but we were both Student Body Presidents of our college... he was outgoing and I was incoming. Anyway we did the nostalgia tour and went back to our old campus and checked out the changes. It had been 8 years I think since I was there. After... we hit the beach for a walk. So a perfect start to the weekend. Sorry no pics. Jeremy: Remind me to take a picture of us next time we hang out. We need an updated one.

* Saturday I shopped till I dropped. I was on a mission to get my Halloween costume stuff but I was very unsuccessful. I swear it's such a simple costume you'd think it would be easy to find. I've got a couple of leads to check today. Wish me luck! Because my Indiana Jones costume from last year is 6 sizes too big now!

* So I keep hearing from people coming to Philly. I'm so excited. If you are on this end of the earth. The LA event is OH's 10 year anniversary event so it should be a blast. Think about spending Halloween with me. Here's the details and a way to get $$$ off your tix.


Emily said...

Hey Shelly,
I was wondering if you could suggest a substitute for the pancake mix? I have plain flour and baking powder (I think) in my pantry, and I'm hesitant to make any more purchases considering I'm only going to be in my apartment until December, and then moving (to who knows where). But these souffles, especially the pumpkin ones, sound too good to pass up! :)

Becky said...

I wish I could go to the LA one. I am flat broke though :(

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Hey emily, I haven't tried anything besides that stuff. I love the stats. Sorry... hmmm maybe almond flour but people don't usually have that on hand either.


Becky :(

Freddie said...


You have done it again! These look amazing! My husband, daughter and I have been eating the original and apple versions of these every day. I can't wait to try the pumpkin!!!! Do you have the nutritional stats on these?


Michelle "Shelly" said...

Hey Freddie, Yay! I'm so glad you guys are enjoying them! I'm hooked too. So expect a few more flavors in the future. LOL.

You know I would suggest typing in your ingredients into a clean day and adding the totals and then dividing by 4. Depending on what milk you use, protein powder, etc. you are gonna get some wide ranging numbers. ~Michelle

Nikki said...

Michelle, thank you for inspiring me. I say that over and over again and I will continue to say it. YOU are the reason I know that I have not condemned myself to a life of tuna fish and lettuce. I know you've been through it and done it all but it just means so much to us out here to know that we can still like food.

Schmeesa said...

Do you REALIZE what a lifesaver you are? I am SO excited to make these! I made a batch of the apple souffles last week and they were so awesome as breakfast or dessert-I put mine into 6 smaller ramekins and they were the perfect size for me. Thank you so much for coming up with these great ideas-I hope you publish a book some day!

Heather said...


I love your recipes - I have scoured the web and find yours to be the closest to the things I enjoy and are still within my limits of what I can eat.
I was banded on August 25th, 2008 and can not wait to make some of your recipes.
Question - Would you mind if I place some of them on's recipe area in order to get the nutrition value? I will put it as Eggface's Pumpkin Souffle... or something like that if it is okay with you.

Thank you so much for your wonderful recipes!
Heather in Connecticut

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Hey Heather, Thanks for the compliments. I actually do not publish the recipes anywhere else but on my site I hope you understand.

You can enter the ingredients in, add the totals, and divide by the servings to get the nut values without reposting them on another site.


Anonymous said...

Sounds great - I will try fitday.

I totally respect your choice - that is why I was asking.

Thank You,

Schmeesa said...

Here I am again-I finally made this and had one for breakfast today. Unbelievably good! The walnuts really add a nice element. I do get tired of eggs for breakfast, and this is the perfect alternative.

Shannon said...

Hey Shelly,
Was wondering how you would cut the ingredients in half for say one person? I don't want to make enough for 4 people because I only have 2 ramekins lol.....any suggestions?

tammers said...

I am drooling as I look @ this! I love PUMPKIN!!!! You rock Shelly!!!

Maggie said...

Ok I made these this morning YUM-O is all I can say but I took a little creative licenses and added a sort of rum anglaise I made with milk, SF french vanilla pudding mix, rum extract, and a dash of nutmeg :)

Margaret Flynn said...

I saw your recipe on someone's FB page and was not able to share it on my own page to save it. I searched for days trying to find out where it came from. I finally found it! I cannot wait to try it out, I am so excited. My sleeve is scheduled in Nov and I really want to try things now to see what I like before I am left starving to death with no clue what to eat. What are the stats on your espresso and pumpkin souffles?

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Best wishes on your surgery!! To find stats on my recipes (or anyone's really) Hope you enjoy the souffles. Can't wait for cooler temps here to make them!!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited to have found your blog! So much to read and catch up on. I hope to enter the Halloween drawing too.